It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Eclipse client connection keep dropping off in 301

Guowei Jim Hu (1.0k910353) | asked Jan 24 '12, 10:16 a.m.
After upgrading to RTC 301, our RTC Eclipse client users start to notice that their repository connections keep dropping off every few minutes, and initial login usually takes usually several try before the connection become stablized.

The web client connection at the sametime have no issue at all.

In the workspace\.metadata\.log, we see the following all the time:

!ENTRY com.ibm.team.repository.client.login.KeyStoreLoginInfo 1 800 2012-01-23 16:42:18.656
!MESSAGE CRJAZ1887I The list of certificates available in the Windows-MY KeyStore could not be read. If you'd like to access the certificates from that key store, make sure that you are running with a JVM that supports reading from that key store.
!STACK 0
com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.AuthenticationException: Error initalizing the key store.
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.login.KeyStoreLoginInfo.loadKeyStore(KeyStoreLoginInfo.java:205)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.login.KeyStoreLoginInfo.initializeKeyStore(KeyStoreLoginInfo.java:159)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.login.KeyStoreLoginInfo.getKeyStore(KeyStoreLoginInfo.java:121)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.login.KeyStoreLoginInfo.collectAliases(KeyStoreLoginInfo.java:79)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.login.KeyStoreLoginInfo.getAliases(KeyStoreLoginInfo.java:95)
at com.ibm.team.process.internal.rcp.ui.SmartCardLoginInfoUIProvider.getAliases(SmartCardLoginInfoUIProvider.java:94)
at com.ibm.team.process.internal.rcp.ui.SmartCardLoginInfoUIProvider.createAliasList(SmartCardLoginInfoUIProvider.java:88)
at com.ibm.team.process.internal.rcp.ui.SmartCardLoginInfoUIProvider.createContents(SmartCardLoginInfoUIProvider.java:71)
at com.ibm.team.process.rcp.ui.RepositoryCreationPart.createAuthenticationProperties(RepositoryCreationPart.java:318)
at com.ibm.team.process.rcp.ui.RepositoryCreationPart.<init>(RepositoryCreationPart.java:174)
at com.ibm.team.process.rcp.ui.RepositoryCreationPage.createControl(RepositoryCreationPage.java:79)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.Wizard.createPageControls(Wizard.java:170)
at com.ibm.team.process.internal.ide.ui.wizards.ProjectAreaConnectionWizard.createPageControls(ProjectAreaConnectionWizard.java:62)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createPageControls(WizardDialog.java:675)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createContents(WizardDialog.java:549)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Window.java:431)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.create(Dialog.java:1089)
at com.ibm.team.process.ide.ui.ConnectProjectAreasAction.connectProjectAreas(ConnectProjectAreasAction.java:64)
at com.ibm.team.process.ide.ui.ConnectProjectAreasAction.run(ConnectProjectAreasAction.java:57)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:251)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3910)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3503)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2405)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:493)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
Caused by: java.security.KeyStoreException: Windows-MY not found
at java.security.KeyStore.getInstance(KeyStore.java:588)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.login.KeyStoreLoginInfo.getKeyStore(KeyStoreLoginInfo.java:126)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.login.SmartCardLoginInfo.createKeyStore(SmartCardLoginInfo.java:61)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.login.KeyStoreLoginInfo.loadKeyStore(KeyStoreLoginInfo.java:203)
... 46 more
!SESSION 2012-01-24 09:56:01.859 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.fullversion=J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Windows XP x86-32 j9vmwi3223ifx-20100511 (JIT enabled)
J9VM - 20100509_57823_lHdSMr
JIT - 20091016_1845ifx7_r8
GC - 20091026_AA
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection 2 900 2012-01-24 09:58:07.406
!MESSAGE HttpConnectionManager is null. Connection cannot be released.

!ENTRY com.ibm.team.filesystem.ide.ui 4 1000 2012-01-24 09:58:07.437
!MESSAGE com.ibm.team.repository.common.NotLoggedInException: CRJAZ1244I Not logged in to the repository at URL "https://ips-rtc-primary.swg.usma.ibm.com/jazz/".

!ENTRY org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection 2 900 2012-01-24 09:58:20.515
!MESSAGE HttpConnectionManager is null. Connection cannot be released.

5 answers

permanent link
Guowei Jim Hu (1.0k910353) | answered Jan 27 '12, 1:43 p.m.
Believe ot not, the cause is Feeds.

Figured out the cause (at least one of them) is the auto-generated feeds when one connect to various project areas, which by default reload every 5 minutes and cause the refreshing and disconnection.

The workaround is either removing all feeds or disable the auto-reload.

Working with RTC suport to get a fix.

permanent link
Craig Raffel (7157) | answered Feb 14 '12, 11:55 a.m.
I am receiving the same exception in my .log. I am having the following issues:
(1) Very slow repository sync times.
(2) When I right click on "My Repository Workspace" inside of the Team Artifacts view and click "New" -> "Repository Workspace" and select the "Flow with a Stream" radio button I cannot see the components listed under the Stream most of the time, ~1 out of every 10 attempts they will be listed.
(3) When I open "Source Control" in the Team Artifacts view no stream/components are listed most of the time, ~1 out of every 10 attempts they will be listed.

I have noticed when I completely remove my eclipse workspace or work from a new one the fist time the connection is made to the repository the above issues occur less frequently. Once I close eclipse and open it again the above issues are apparent.

I have not ruled out a networking issue within my company. Has their been any additional information ghu? Is there a work item I can contribute to?

Craig

permanent link
Guowei Jim Hu (1.0k910353) | answered Feb 14 '12, 3:19 p.m.

I have not ruled out a networking issue within my company. Has their been any additional information ghu? Is there a work item I can contribute to?

Craig

Craig,
You can check if you use any special chars in your projet/team area nams.

In our case, the cause has been identified as the "" we use in our RTC project area names. So we are asked by RTC suport to remove those chars but I don't get it why the feeds reload failure has to bring down the RTC repository connection.

I still can't get them agree to open a defect on this so far but will post it here if I got one.

permanent link
Craig Raffel (7157) | answered Feb 15 '12, 11:46 a.m.
Thanks for the advise, I didn't find any special characters but I did solve my problem.

Problem: I archived team area after I created a stream and component owned by it.

Solution: Open eclipse using a new workspace. The first time a workspace loads the stream is visible (bug). I opened the stream (right click -> open) and changed the "Owned by" to my active team area.

The first time a workspace is created and used with the eclipse RTC 3.0.1.2 client they are visible and can be worked on. On subsequent loads the streams and components not visible 9 times out of 10. Occasionally the streams and components are visible. I believe this is a bug as the second time the workspace is opened the streams and components are not visible and the streams sporadically are visible. I am going to look for this defect and create it if it does not exist.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.