It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQMExcelImporter: Not populating Project list

Veronica Alvarado (116) | asked Jan 09 '19, 11:44 a.m.
Hi,

I am using RQM Excel Importer tool and can see this in Excel Add-ins. After validating the credentials, Project list doesn't populate.

Related info:
  • MS Excel 2013
  • RQMExcelImporterSetupX64ForDotNET45
  • RQM 6.0.6 (iFix004)
  • Windows 10
  • The user has JazzUser group, its role has permissions to Import XML-> Post and it's member in project area.

This is Mso2Rqm_Debug.log details:

1/9/2019 10:15:37 AM: INFO: <Unknown Caller Context>: ExcelApplicationContext: Destroyed commands

1/9/2019 10:15:37 AM: INFO: <Unknown Caller Context>: caption : RQM

1/9/2019 10:15:37 AM: INFO: <Unknown Caller Context>: ExcelApplicationContext: Created commands

1/9/2019 10:16:48 AM: ERROR: <Unknown Caller Context>: failed to get from server: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

1/9/2019 10:16:48 AM: ERROR: <Unknown Caller Context>: RQMConnector: Login - Error POSTing credentials to https://xxxxx/qm

1/9/2019 10:16:48 AM: EXCEPTION: : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

1/9/2019 10:16:48 AM:    at Mso2Rqm_Common.RQMConnector.Login(String url, String username, String password)

Could you help with this issue, please?

Thanks.

Comments
Don Yang commented Jan 10 '19, 12:12 a.m.

You installed

• MS Excel 2013
  • RQMExcelImporterSetupX64ForDotNET45
Is your server TLS 1.2 enabled so that you need to use RQMExcelImporterSetupX64ForDotNET45?
Also is your Excel 2013 64bit or 32bit? if it is 32bit, you would need to install
RQMExcelImporterSetupForDotNET45 instead (supposed you need to support TLS1.2)

If it is not TLS1.2 enabled environment, you may want to try with
RQMExcelImporterSetup.exe (for 32bit Excel 2013)

Veronica Alvarado commented Jan 10 '19, 2:45 p.m.
Hi Don,

My MS Excel 2013 is 64 bit.

How can I check if TLS 1.2 is enabled?

Thanks.

3 answers

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Jan 10 '19, 8:17 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Veronica Alvarado,

In addition to Don's suggestion, please check the user getting logged in is having access to the projects - otherwise it might not list any other project area (In RQM Web UI's dashboard, project which are listed under ''My Projects' will get listed in Excel Addin UI).

Regards,
Mehul

Comments
Veronica Alvarado commented Jan 10 '19, 2:50 p.m.
Hi Mehul,

My user has access to one project area but he has JazzUser group assigned.

I tried using a JazzAdmin group and it's work, however most CLM users have JazzUser assigned.

Only users with JazzAdmin can export?

Thanks.

Mehul Patel commented Jan 15 '19, 1:42 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Veronica Alvarado,

If you are still seeing the issue, I would suggest to check the user's license.

Regards,
Mehul

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Jan 11 '19, 3:11 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Veronica Alvarado,

No, user need not to be part of JazzAdmin, even user from JazzUser could list the projects in addin UI. The only condition here is the logged-in user should have access to the projects. When you logged in to RQM WebUI and at dashboard if you see the project listed under 'My Projects' then for that user you will get these projects listed in list box after authentication.

Regards,
Mehul

permanent link
Veronica Alvarado (116) | answered Jan 15 '19, 3:11 p.m.
Hi Mehul,
I checked the user's license:  Rational Quality Manager - Quality Professional as well Permissions for the role user and after to set "XML Export" permission, I could see and export successfully the test case using JazzUser.
Thank you so much for your help.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.