It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to set move permission of work item

silencehill wu (5022632) | asked Feb 16 '14, 10:06 a.m.

I using RTC 3.0.1, when I move a workitem from one project area to another project area. RTC show error there is no move permission? But I found no move permission setting in RTC process configuration.

Please tell me how I can set move permission in RTC process configuration?

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 16 '14, 4:13 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In 4.0.5:
In the source project area, under Team_Configuration -> Permissions, in the Work_Items -> Save_Work_Item category, you need to have the "Remove work item from team area" permission.  
In the target project area, under Team_Configuration -> Permissions, in the Work_Items -> Save_Work_Item category, you need to have the "Create work item" and "Modify work item" permissions.  

Comments
silencehill wu commented Feb 19 '14, 9:54 a.m.

I have set permission as your advise. But the permission of moving work item is still not allowed.  The target project area and source project area and permission setting(both project areas are same) and the error info please refer the below attached picture.

the error infomtion

Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 19 '14, 4:41 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

It works for me ... so I think you'll have to work with Rational support to see what is happening in your environment.   Note that I did my testing with 4.0.5, so something might have changed between 3.0.1 and 4.0.5.

permanent link
Andrés Guerrero (20613218) | answered Jul 28 '14, 8:07 a.m.
 Hi, 
Just in case someone else face this problem in the future. The user that executes de "move" action must be included in the top Team of the project area in order to have permissions, in addition to the specific set of permissions that Geoffrey explained.

Cheers

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.