It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Impact on changing Time Spent to Time Remaining

Divya _ (254) | asked Sep 14 '22, 12:58 a.m.

Process configuration > Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Planning > General > Estimate Attributes - Track progress as : Time Spent or Time Remaining.

Could you please let me know if there would be any impact on changing the Track progress as value from Time Spent to Time Remaining?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 14 '22, 2:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The change is documented here: https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/elm/7.0.2?topic=project-showing-time-remaining-time-spent  The attributes and values involved are the same as far as I know. The attribute is time spent and contains the value for time spent. In time spent mode you can modify your time spent e.g. increase it. You can enter an estimate and you can enter a corrected estimate. The attribute values will just contain these values.  

The difference in time remaining is that the user needs to enter data differently and there is a calculation involved. The internal attribute time spent is calculated from the estimate or the corrected estimate: see the help link above is 

(time spent=original|corrected estimate - time remaining)

The user needs to correct the Estimate/Correction if they need longer. E.g. if the user has time remaining 1 hour and works another hour and now has still an hour remaining, they need to increase the estimate. I always found that mode to be awkward to use.

Divya _ selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.