It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work Item shows change set on links tab, albeit an error is displayed while saving the artifact through RTC web

usman syed ali (15510) | asked Mar 29 '18, 5:52 a.m.
edited Mar 29 '18, 5:55 a.m.

We have automated the deployment of release using UCD. Developers deliver their build artifact, a zip folder in RTC (6.0.2) CM component using Web. They go to the Source-->Stream-->Component and add file to upload the zip folder. We have put two pre-conditions under Team Configurations-->Operation Behavior:

1.  Deliver (server)
  • Require work items and comments: Both associating a work item and writing comment is mandatory

2.  Deliver Phase 2 (server)

•  Restrict changes by Item Name: The uploaded zip file should follow a naming convention

When a developer browse the artifact, associates a work item, writes a comment and click on save, RTC gives error if the name of the file is not matching the regex. At the same time, when  I go and look at the associated work item under the links tab, it is showing that change set which had error because of unmatched naming pattern. I want to avoid showing the change set   under the work item if I had any sort of error while saving the artifact.

Appreciate your support in resolving this matter.

Thanks & Regards,

Usman

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 31 '18, 4:14 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The association of a change set to a work item, and the subsequent save of the work item is not affected by the deliver precondition (since you are not invoking a deliver action), so that association will succeed.

It is possible you are being confused by seeing an earlier error message in the Team Advisor view, which is showing that the file pattern error occurred when you tried to do a deliver, and the deliver failed.  That error message is not cleared when you do a subsequent operation, like a work item save.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.