It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Comments List

Ankita Tiwari (3710) | asked Feb 07 '14, 6:01 p.m.
edited Feb 07 '14, 6:34 p.m. by Jared Burns (4.5k29)
We want to see all the comments and there status as open, closed, reopen for a collection. Is there a way to see list of comments with status per each collection of artifacts.

One answer

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Feb 08 '14, 3:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Ankita,

When you have a collection open the comments in the information sidebar are for the collection itself and not the artifacts within the collection.  There is a button in the upper right corner to highlight ones have been recently commented on and that will highlight artifacts within a collection.  You could open each artifact to view the comments section in the sidebar, but there are no other options available for filtering comments for a collection of artifacts.  I'd suggest submitting an RFE.

Recently Commented On Button

Hope this helps.

Comments
Ankita Tiwari commented Feb 08 '14, 8:09 p.m.

We need a report or list of all comments given on a artifact with the status. If there a way through which we can generate such a report.

Erica Tran commented Feb 11 '14, 12:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Ankita,

For reports when you use the Print to PDF or Word feature, there is a check box to include comments in the report, but I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for.  It sounds like you'd need to create a custom report to tailor it to your exact needs.  The print to PDF/Word uses Rational Publishing Engine (RPE) in the backend to generate the report, so if you have RPE, you could look into creating a report.

There are Enhancement records on jazz.net related to comments.  Here is one that is related to seeing all comments in RRC.  I would suggest subscribing if interested and submitting your own if there isn't an existing record you can find with the feature you want.

Enhancement 40722: Feature to see list of all the comments in a project in Rational Requirement Composer.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.