It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Work Item Screen Capture problem - Unable tom install jnlp file

Mark Roberts (1205338) | asked Feb 07 '14, 11:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 I have downloaded the jnlp file for the installation of the external tool for the screen capture tool but it gives an error when I try to run it. I can launch the installation telling the jnlp file to run under javaws.exe but after it fails I get this exception :

java.lang.SecurityException: Missing required Permissions manifest attribute in main jar: https://clm.jkebanking.net:9443/ccm/service/com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.rest.IScreenCaptureDownloadService/capture.jar
at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployManifestChecker.verifyMainJar(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployManifestChecker.verifyMainJar(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The window also shows this information from the launch file. Any ideas ?

<jnlp spec="1.0+" codebase="https://clm.jkebanking.net:9443/ccm/service/">
  <information>
    <title>Rational Team Concert Screen Capture Tool</title>
    <vendor>IBM Corp.</vendor>
    <description>The Rational Team Concert Screen Capture Tool allows to attach screen captures to work items.</description>
    <icon kind="splash" href="com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.rest.IScreenCaptureDownloadService/splash.png"/>
  </information>
  <security>
    <all-permissions/>
  </security>
  <resources>
    <jar href="com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.rest.IScreenCaptureDownloadService/capture.jar"/>
    <property name="jnlp.prop1" value="aHR0cHM6Ly9jbG0uamtlYmFua2luZy5uZXQ6OTQ0My9jY20v"/>
    <property name="jnlp.prop2" value="X0N4MmJJSkFHRWVPZDhPbGgtQXE0RlE="/>
    <property name="jnlp.prop8" value="OTE="/>
    <property name="jnlp.prop3" value="X0UzSE5zSTUxRWVPMEJPR2ZfeWhTMXc="/>
    <property name="jnlp.prop4" value="SlNFU1NJT05JRD1FRjQ1NUU0NjU5M0QyODAxRTU2NTkzN0E2RjQ4RDNGMTsgSmF6ekZvcm1BdXRoPUZvcm07IEpTRVNTSU9OSURTU089NTNBODI5OTEyRkY4NzI4RkIxMzUwMEEyNjIzQUIyNzY="/>
  </resources>
  <resources os="Windows" arch="x86">
    <j2se version="1.6+"/>
    <jar href="com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.rest.IScreenCaptureDownloadService/swt-372-win32.jar"/>
  </resources>
  <resources os="Windows" arch="amd64">
    <j2se version="1.6+"/>
    <jar href="com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.rest.IScreenCaptureDownloadService/swt-372-win64.jar"/>
  </resources>
  <resources os="Windows" arch="x86_64">
    <j2se version="1.6+"/>
    <jar href="com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.rest.IScreenCaptureDownloadService/swt-372-win64.jar"/>
  </resources>
  <resources os="Linux" arch="i386">
    <j2se version="1.6+"/>
    <jar href="com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.rest.IScreenCaptureDownloadService/swt-372-gtk32.jar"/>
  </resources>
  <resources os="Linux" arch="x86">
    <j2se version="1.6+"/>
    <jar href="com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.rest.IScreenCaptureDownloadService/swt-372-gtk32.jar"/>
  </resources>
  <resources os="Linux" arch="amd64">
    <j2se version="1.6+"/>
    <jar href="com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.rest.IScreenCaptureDownloadService/swt-372-gtk64.jar"/>
  </resources>
  <resources os="Linux" arch="x86_64">
    <j2se version="1.6+"/>
    <jar href="com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.rest.IScreenCaptureDownloadService/swt-372-gtk64.jar"/>
  </resources>
  <resources os="Mac OS X" arch="x86_64">
    <j2se version="1.6+" java-vm-args="-d64 -XstartOnFirstThread"/>
    <jar href="com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.rest.IScreenCaptureDownloadService/swt-372-cocoa64.jar"/>
  </resources>
  <resources os="Mac OS X" arch="i386">
    <j2se version="1.6+" java-vm-args="-d32 -XstartOnFirstThread"/>
    <jar href="com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.rest.IScreenCaptureDownloadService/swt-372-cocoa32.jar"/>
  </resources>
  <application-desc main-class="com.ibm.team.workitem.capture.internal.ScreenCapture"/>
</jnlp>

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dan Bajema (1611) | answered Feb 12 '14, 7:19 p.m.
I had this issue too -- on Win 7 x64 with Chrome 32

Here's what I did that solved it for me... 

Went into Windows Control Panel
Opened up the Java control panel applet (IBM Control Panel for Java v7);  and select the Security tab
Added the RTC website to the 'Exception Site List'

Then went back to RTC and it worked fine to use the attach screen shot feature -- no more permission exception problem.

hope that helps!
Mark Roberts selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Mark Roberts commented Feb 14 '14, 4:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Many thanks Dan. I upgraded to Java 1.7 and was able to use the javacpl.exe (Control panel App) and add the exception. It now works perfectly. Thanks for your help.

Mark 

4 other answers

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Feb 10 '14, 4:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Mark,
may you please tell us which version of RTC you are using?
What is your Operating System? Default Java runtime?
Which browser and version?
Did you try with another browser?

Thanks,
Eric

Comments
Mark Roberts commented Feb 10 '14, 5:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Eric,

This is RTC 4.0.5 on Windows Server 2008 with Chrome and Firefox (latest and up to date versions). Happy to show you the issue via an internal IBM sametime meeting if necessary.

Mark 

Eric Jodet commented Feb 10 '14, 6:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

no pb Mark,

please ping me under S/T in 1 hr
Thanks
Eric

permanent link
Mark Roberts (1205338) | answered Feb 10 '14, 5:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Eric,

This is RTC 4.0.5 on Windows Server 2008 with Chrome and Firefox (latest and up to date versions). Happy to show you the issue via an internal IBM sametime meeting if necessary.

Mark

permanent link
Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | answered Jul 10 '14, 10:31 a.m.
We have users having the same problem eventhough they added the RTC server in "Exception Site List".

We are using RTC 4.0.5 in production and RTC 4.0.6 in Test environment.

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Jul 10 '14, 10:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Comments
Canberk Akduygu commented Jul 10 '14, 10:41 a.m.

I found this workitem and technote. Technote is talikng about Tivoli  I believe we need to lower the security level from High to Medium.

I dont see any other solution. Am I right?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.