It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Printing a module to Microsoft Word Document

Evan Edwards (231014) | asked Jan 28 '14, 6:36 p.m.
edited Jan 28 '14, 6:38 p.m.

I am using IE 10 with 4.0.5 and have created a module that has about 195 artifacts in the module. The module consists of text, bulleted lists, and tables. When I create and print a Microsoft Word Document from the module I am seeing a few things that I would like help to try to resolve. First, my bulleted list has extra spaces before and after the bullet list paragraph when the space didn't appear in my module. Second, it does the same thing for my tables however I have my table set to a specific width in inches in the module but when it goes to word it will shorten my table column to the end of the text in the column and not the width I had it set in the module. Third, I have my table properties set to top for the vertical alignment but when it prints in Microsoft word they are centered vertical alignment. Is there a way to fix the extra spaces at the beginning and end of bullet lists, tables and the vertical alignment issue?

Comments
Jorge Flores commented Feb 18 '14, 5:18 p.m. | edited Feb 18 '14, 9:58 p.m.

Please if this problem persist create a new defect or an escalation.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Jan 28 '14, 11:32 p.m.
Regarding space, there are some changes in v4.0.5 discussed in the defect:
https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=78624

Unless you provide ReqIF file, it is hard to say if the result is expected or abnormal. We see many users reporting similar behaviours in v4.0.1 to 4.0.3 and they are fixed in v4.0.5 such as the one above. Potentially the behavior could be a defect as we see before from the other users and fixed in v4.0.5 and coming v4.0.6, it is recommended to contact the support team with reproducible ReqIf file for further confirmation.

Evan Edwards selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Evan Edwards commented Feb 26 '14, 1:57 p.m.

I would provide a ReqIF file however I work for the DoD and somethings may or may not be able to share in a ReqIF File. Luckily we had some IBM contractors onsite last week and they shared that it might be possible to modify the export settings to a Microsoft Word document so in a short time the contractors can help me resolve this issue.  Thank you for your response and help. <o:p> </o:p>

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.