It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

search for machine at runtime

Kevin Rayton (1315) | asked Jul 24 '18, 9:56 a.m.
edited Jul 24 '18, 10:00 a.m.
 I have many tests automated via the Commandline Adapter and wish to schedule a selection of tests to be run at a future date on a selection of machines reserved for the test.
According to what I can find the machines should be able to be assigned when the tests are ready to run but I cant seem to get this function to work.
I can set up a test schedule to "Search Runtime"  but it wont allow me to save the schedule with "An execution adapter is not selected for remote script execution for test step. Please select one of the available adapter before saving schedule.", don't know what I'm missing.
I have set the "Execution Preferences":
  1. Always search adapter within test cell at run time for scheduled execution
  2. Search for other available adapter based on applicable adapter search criteria, if assigned adapter is not found
any insight would be appreciated, thanks

<label for="com_ibm_rqm_planning_web_ui_internal_view_administration_ExecutionSystemPreferenceContentArea_0searchAdapterIfAssigedAdapterNotFound" style="cursor: default; display: table-cell; vertical-align: top;">

</label>

One answer

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered Jul 25 '18, 9:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

For which version of RQM are you getting this issue

Comments
Kevin Rayton commented Jul 25 '18, 9:08 a.m.

Subhajit Bhuiya commented Jul 26 '18, 5:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can use test cell as work around which will allow you the distribute adapter at run time. Also suggest you to contact RQM support for this issue

Kevin Rayton commented Aug 01 '18, 9:41 a.m.

unfortunately the test cell has the same issue

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.