It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reconfigure WAS plugin after WAS / IHS upgrade?

Francis Kemp (7212944) | asked Jan 14 '14, 4:50 p.m.

I am preparing to upgrade a distributed CLM environment (using IHS for Reverse Proxy) from V403 to V405.  As part of the upgrade, I will be upgrading WAS from V8004 to V8006 because V8006 is the required version of WAS for CLM V405.

Is it [required | recommended | not necessary] to reconfigure the WAS / IHS plugins for the CLM Webapps after the WAS upgrade?

Thanks,

Fran

One answer

permanent link
Adam Wereszczynski (92811932) | answered Jan 16 '14, 8:28 a.m.
Hi Francis,

It is not necessary to do that, WAS upgrade does not override the existing settings.
You need to regenerate the plugins each time you change the setting for ports, host aliases, context root, etc.

Comments
Francis Kemp commented Jan 20 '14, 10:03 a.m.

Thanks Adam.  I knew the upgrade wouldn't override the settings, but in order to get any bugfixes/upgrades in the plugin code you would need to regenerate, correct?

Adam Wereszczynski commented Jan 23 '14, 2:54 a.m.

Hi Francis,

The "Generate / Propagate" options in WAS console are used to create, update and deploy only plugin configuration files.

The actual plugins are installed on the server and restarting WAS and IHS is what you need to do to get the fixes and upgrades.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.