It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

multiple attachment presentation with one workitem

Qaiser Islam (31297074) | asked Jan 08 '14, 4:18 a.m.
 i am trying to add multiple attachment presentation on different tabs. In links tab, u can attach any file. i added another tab on my workitem and added attachment presentation. but when i attach any file..it appears on both tab. is there any way? i am using RTC 4.0.2

Regards,
Qaiser

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Jan 08 '14, 5:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Attachments is a Non-Attribute based presentation and from my understanding these are available on a
       1:1 basis - one non-attribute associated with one work-item-type

So though you are free to add multiple presentations of kind Attachments but underneath you will still be referring to the same entity and hence any entry done in any presentation for that kind will eventually show up in other presentations as well..

you may want to consider raising an rfe with your business case...
Qaiser Islam selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jan 08 '14, 4:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am pretty sure that this is not possible, because the attachments are not implemented as attribute. There is only one list for attachments (see https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/09/21/downloading-attachments-from-work-items/ and related posts for how the API handles this). Since there is no way to have multiple storage locations for the attachments to tie different representations to them, I don't think you can do what you try.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.