It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

MicroSoft Lync 10 and RTC integration

T M (8877188143) | asked Jul 22 '12, 1:12 p.m.

Has anyone integrated MicroSoft Lync 10 with RTC for chatting purpose?

Thanks!

9 answers

permanent link
Danny Beerens (801828) | answered Aug 16 '12, 4:43 a.m.
 Hi T M,

Nope, don't have an answer for you. I'm looking for the MS Lync - RTC integration too, for a Large Healthcare Organisation in the Netherlands that standarized IM on Lync recently.

Regards,
       Danny

permanent link
charbak roy (122) | answered Jan 15 '13, 5:07 a.m.
Hello Danny,

do you get any further information on integration of MS Lync with RTC ?

permanent link
Danny Beerens (801828) | answered Jan 24 '13, 3:32 a.m.
 Hi Charbak Roy,

Nope.

permanent link
Robby Elliott (311) | answered May 07 '13, 8:47 p.m.
We are looking for the same integration within our organization as well.  I'm hoping that an integration will be on the horizon soon.

permanent link
Markus Beuttler (1) | answered May 14 '13, 2:45 a.m.
edited May 14 '13, 2:45 a.m.
 We are also looking for this Integration.
I've raised a RFE for that.
RFE ID = 34812

permanent link
Manoj Panda (39346762) | answered May 18 '15, 10:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
what about upcoming clm 6.0. is there any support for MS-Lync?

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered May 18 '15, 10:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I just searched the RTC work items by typing Lync into the search box. 5 work items come up.
There are several new requests and the one below that was declined in 2013 as out of scope for the foreseeable future:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=266366

I have not seen any Lync integration in the new and noteworthy or in the systems requirements accessible from the download for the development milestones for the next release that I can remember. You should however check yourself there.

permanent link
Patrice GIRAUD (113) | answered May 18 '15, 11:01 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

Inside ATOS Group we have 90000 employees using Lync on daily basis, therefore having an integration with RTC will really make sense for us.
Many other IT companies have deployed Lync since several years.
We hope that IBM will hear us.

Bye.
Patrice

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 18 '15, 11:14 a.m.

The best way to tell IBM the need is to open enhancement request, vote up enhancement requests and to talk to the product management in meeting like VOICE.

They closed the request not because they thought it was not valid, they closed it because they can't fit it into the plans.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered May 18 '15, 11:18 a.m.
edited May 19 '15, 6:26 a.m.
Are you aware, that you can paste URL's for RTC items in any chat tool?.

You can get the URL's from objects using the context menu. You can copy the url into the clipboard on the other end and use the menu Navigate>Open Team Artifact from Clipboard in Eclipse. There is a similar menu entry in the Visual Studio client.

This is not ideal, but it should allow you to at least share artifacts in the clients.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.