It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM Help Installation in Distributed Environment

Dave Evans (14812846) | asked Dec 17 '13, 1:05 p.m.

Greetings,

In our standalone network with CLM, we desire to serve help content from one of our four servers (we have a server each for RRDI, RTC, RRC, and JTS). Each server has a WAS hosting the application. We have set up clmhelp.war successfully for hosting the help content on the JTS server's WAS. We modified the properties for the Help URI on the JTS and RTC application servers so that when you click the help button in the top right, a help application does appear, but it seems to be lacking information (it only has "Overview", "Administering", "Troubleshooting and Support", "Reference", Glossary", and "Using the help").

I have also downloaded and installed the 1.0GB CLM4.0.1_updateSite.zip file and installed it using localhost:9443/clmhelp/updater/admin.jsp (update site archive downloaded from here: http://download.boulder.ibm.com/ibmdl/pub/software/rationalsdp/documentation/updatesites/). However, I still only see those few categories spoken of above. I am expecting to see many more categories, similar to here: https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.help.common.rational.remote.rcp.doc/topics/t_download_help.html&scope=null

Are there additional update site archives I must download? Am I missing a step in the configuration of the application servers? Is the downloadable help really just that poor? Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Dave Evans (14812846) | answered Dec 17 '13, 2:57 p.m.
As it turns out, since the updater page did not enable the check boxes to update the help content from the archive I downloaded I assumed that meant we already had the content installed correctly. However, I removed all my existing content and re-updated from the update site and it appears to have resolved the issue. I now have many topics, so I am happy.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.