It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Design Manager 5.0.1: Can not create Project Area

Benjamin Arens (1111) | asked Jul 17 '15, 2:40 a.m.
edited Jul 17 '15, 2:41 a.m.
Hi folks,

i am trying to setup an test the version 5.0 for Design Manager. I installed via express setup and creates a superuser and assigned all licenses to him. Afer that i tryed to create a project. This failes with an error:
500 (CRITICAL) :null
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException
com.ibm.xtools.rmps.frontservice.jaf.initialization.DMProjectAreaInitializer.run(DMProjectAreaInitializer.java:59)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

To fix this, i've tryed to install in maual mode. Tryed version 5.0 insted of 5.0.1, but nothing realy works for me. Do you have an idea where to find log-files or more information what went wrong and why?!?

Greatz
Benni

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Jul 17 '15, 3:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is too few error information available to say anything. Check the log files (server/logs) of the DM and the other applications for what is going on. The user has to have the repository role JazzAdmin to be able to create a project area and you will have to deploy the project Area Templates in the process.

permanent link
David Hirsch (1162) | answered Aug 30 '15, 4:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Usually the error is caused by VVC application failing to create the default workspace.
Please check vvc.log file for the cause (license,roles,etc)..

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.