It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Sketches get deleted Design Manager projects after editing in RSA

Ketan Divecha (261812) | asked Dec 13 '13, 1:55 p.m.
edited Dec 13 '13, 3:16 p.m.
I am having an issue with Design Manager projects where my Sketches are getting deleted after making edits to them in RSA. What could be causing this ? Just to make sure i wasn't doing something wrong, i tried this on JKE Overview sketch, as soon as i hit save then refresh, it disappeared from design explorer in RSA as well as DM web explorer.
I am using DM 4.0.2 and RSA 8.5.1

Comments
frederick carter commented Dec 15 '13, 3:55 p.m.

Ketan, if you get no response within a few more days, would suggest submitting a defect on this .  also ,  what would be more helpful and get you a response sooner if if you convey the problem using screenshots ....

One answer

permanent link
Francois-xavier Panaget (58914) | answered Dec 16 '13, 5:45 a.m.
Hi Ketan,

There are two kinds of sketches.... the Web sketches and the RSA sketches.
There are not really compatible with each other.
When you try to edit a web sketch in RSA, you should get a message that it cannot be edited as the resource is not supported in RSA and redirect you to your web browser (at least with the version 4.0.4 of DM and the RSA DM extension).
This being said, from what I have seen, the JKE Overview is not a sketch diagram per se but uses sketch shapes.
Do you see the disappearance of the diagrams in the project explorer with other type of diagrams?
The problem you describe seems to be similar to what is outlined in the following work item: Diagram missing at the explorer in Web Client after modifying models in RSA DM Client and The model and its elements are not displayed in design explorer when lang setting for server java process is ja_JP (40113).
Could this match your environment? Are you using as well a non English installation? If so which locale?

Regards,
Francois

Comments
Ketan Divecha commented Dec 16 '13, 1:55 p.m. | edited Dec 16 '13, 1:59 p.m.

I am using English installation, and I havent had problem with JKE Design Model stored on DM, which is not a sketch. Whats the best option for storing/managing designs though ? I have some projects stored in RTC source control (we have RTC plugin installed in RSA) and I havent had any problems with them as far as edits go. It also allows you to use a nice RSA project explorer view, which groups diagrams and models separately.     

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.