It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Associating RDM to RQM

Ahmed Omair (41335) | asked Feb 23 '14, 8:45 a.m.
Hello everyone,

When i try to associate an RQM project area to RDM project area CLM provides me following options.

Provides - Change Requests
Provides - Implementation Requests
Provides - Quality Management Artifacts
Provides - Requirements change requests
Uses - Requirements

Which is the best association type between these two?

Also is their a way to create a section in Test cases to link Design Artifacts?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Steve Arnold (28131511) | answered Feb 25 '14, 5:30 p.m.
Whilst andrey is right, I had a little play.  In theory RQM consumes requirements and RSADM provides the requirement spec so you should be able to wire them up together ( its not necessarily something we've tested - but it might have worked).

So I tried - and it nearly works.  You can go to the RQM project area and link it to RSADM and make RSADM provide requirements.  Then from a test case you can add a requirement link and choose a model element - which all works.

Bad news is that you can't save the test case as it doesn't like the link from RSADM for some reason.  I've raised a defect - which you can find here...https://jazz.net/jazz04/web/projects/Design%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=45358

Steve
Ahmed Omair selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Charlie Seo (22127) | answered Feb 23 '14, 5:54 p.m.
How you execute Test case for design artifacts? Are your design artifacts testable? I guess general practise for testing a design artifact would be through a requirement that is associated with design artifacts.

permanent link
Andrey Karaulov (1861) | answered Feb 24 '14, 9:41 a.m.
Hello Ahmed,

The integration between RDM and RQM is unidirectional.
You can create a link from RDM artifact to RQM test case but not vice versa.
While establishing an association between projects (from RDM project to RQM project) you can setup any association type.

Regards,
Andrey

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.