It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Installation on windows 8

shai brumer (812) | asked Dec 12 '13, 5:18 a.m.
 Hi,

I noticed that windows 8 is not a supported OS, 
but I was wondering if there is a way to install it on windows 8 just for evaluation.

Thanks in advance,
Shai.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Dec 12 '13, 9:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 12 '13, 9:27 a.m.
If you have just completed the install you will need to first ensure that you have started the server 
Then...
Point your Web browser to the following address: https://[fully qualified hostname]:9443/jts/setup

I would recommend reviewing the online help topic:

Running the setup wizard 

Installing > Installing the Rational solution for CLM > Configuring the server
Running the setup wizard

Ara
shai brumer selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Paul Ellis (1.3k613) | answered Dec 12 '13, 5:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 12 '13, 5:55 a.m.

Hi Shai,

Ralph replied to something similar in forum post: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/118543/installing-rtc-in-windows-8

I found https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=168119 which you can track the progress of Windows 8.

As Sumant says, unsupported essentially means untested, so we wouldn't know what could happen.  You would need to reproduce any issue on Windows 7 (or any other supported platform) before raising a defect.

Also, as Ralph points out, it will probably work quite well but maybe with the odd exception.

Cheers.

Paul

permanent link
Sumant Renukarya (1.1k23339) | answered Dec 12 '13, 5:38 a.m.
 Hi Shai

Just for evaluation purpose you can try to install RQM on Windows 8 and see if you succeed. The steps should be the same as for any other supported Windows OS. In case of any errors or roadblocks troubleshooting might be restricted due to the unsupported OS version being the culprit. 

It is not a recommended way as well to use this installation, if successful even as a staging/test server. 

permanent link
shai brumer (812) | answered Dec 12 '13, 5:53 a.m.

Hi,

I tried to install it but I'm getting an error message in the prerequisite section on the installation...
It say's that the operating system is not recognized.

I was wondering if I can change something in the installation configuration so it will let me finish the install.

Thanks,
Shai.

Comments
Paul Ellis commented Dec 12 '13, 5:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Shai,

Which version are you using? Are you also trying to install the server?  I often, purely for test purposes, install on unsupported systems and just ignore that message...but I haven't tried to install 4.0.5 yet, so maybe they've blocked this?

Regards,

Paul

shai brumer commented Dec 12 '13, 8:57 a.m.
Well I ignored the message,
but how can I know if the installation worked?
What is the default URL for the RQM?

sorry for the trivial questions but I'm new to the product.

Thanks,
Shai.   

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.