It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JTS/RTC/QM/RRC 4.0.0.1 Data warehouse set up for Oracle DB

Joseph Nelson (19258) | asked Sep 30 '12, 6:53 p.m.
 I have scoured google, IBM, and Jazz.net sites looking for a guide to configure the data warehouse. I've got the Oracle DB for the repository up and running fine, but I can't find any specific directions on configuring the data warehouse. I thought I found a link to it, but it turned into a 404 error.

Does this documentation exist? Can anyone provide a list of required steps?

i.e: Do I need to create tables/users as I did for the repository DB? Does it differ? Can I use the existing repository DB?

This should be added to the installation guide!

Thank you.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Clement Liu (1.5k54249) | answered Sep 30 '12, 7:25 p.m.
Have you gone through the steps in JTS setup? 

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_s_server_installation_setup_wizard.html

Step 9 is for configuration the data warehouse. 
Joseph Nelson selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Joseph Nelson commented Sep 30 '12, 8:51 p.m. | edited Sep 30 '12, 8:53 p.m.

Hi Clement,

Thank you for your reply. I have followed that guide and read that very step. What is NOT included is the setup of the database itself.

For the repository, there is a full article on configuring Oracle DB prior to running the wizard. It requires tables and users to be configured in advance of actually connecting it via the wizard. I followed those steps and the steps in the link you provided to get the repository DB working.

There is no such article (that I know of) for the data warehouse and no explanation of what's required (if anything?) to make Oracle DB work for the data warehouse. I could use the default derby install for that, but given that this is not a demo instance, it is probably not the right answer. 

Clement Liu commented Sep 30 '12, 9:01 p.m. | edited Sep 30 '12, 9:05 p.m.

Joseph Nelson commented Sep 30 '12, 9:17 p.m.

A great article, which I might be able to infer an answer from based on what is NOT done in those steps.

But ultimately, it's not an equivilant to:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v1r0m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_s_server_installation_setup_oracle.html

Which outlines steps that must be taken PRIOR to running the setup wizard for JTS. What I am looking for is this portion (or a confirmation that no such action is needed).

Clement Liu commented Sep 30 '12, 9:32 p.m. | edited Sep 30 '12, 9:32 p.m.

Ahh.. you are actually looking at the rtc v1.0 info center...no wonder why you didn't see the data warehouse info... the data warehouse wasn't available until v3.0.1.

This is the correct link to v4.0 info center:

Joseph Nelson commented Sep 30 '12, 9:48 p.m.

Thanks! That was a good catch. Google doesn't always have the best answer ;)

Based on what I'm reading there, there isn't any contra-indication for using the same DB for the warehouse. Are you aware of any? 

Clement Liu commented Sep 30 '12, 9:52 p.m. | edited Sep 30 '12, 9:53 p.m.

It would be fine as soon as they're in separate tablespaces

If you are installing all CLM applications, you must repeat the previous step 3 times to create a separate tablespace for JTS, CCM, and QM. Note: Do not create the data warehouse tablespace at this stage. The data warehouse tablespace is created during the server setup process.

Clement Liu commented Oct 01 '12, 9:31 a.m.

Hello, @Josephnelson, can you accept one of my answers if that looked good to you? Thanks.

Joseph Nelson commented Oct 01 '12, 1:42 p.m.

Yep, I'm testing it out today, I will accept once it's working ;) 

showing 5 of 8 show 3 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.