It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Migrating RQM database to another server

Gaetano Siano (1311013) | asked Dec 11 '13, 7:14 p.m.
edited Dec 11 '13, 7:21 p.m.
We have our current windows 7 'server1' running RQM 4.0.0 with DB2 9.7.5 .     We had planned to simply upgrade 'server1' to the latest RQM version (4.0.5) but when we saw that there was no simple upgrade for 4.0 to 4.0.5 (that it had to be a new install of 4.0.5) we made the decision to do this on a new dedicated Windows 7 'server2' with Db2 10.1.    So we installed RQM 4.0.5 on a new  'server2' and followed through with the jts/setup.  'Server2' is up and running with no users or testcases or logs.

Can you please tell us the steps for moving our existing data on 'server1' with RQM 4.0 to the empty database on 'Server 2' with RQM 4.0.5?

I am not sure if i can just use https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMCopyUtility   since the db2 schema versions on 4.0 and 4.05 might be different.

5 answers

permanent link
Michael Afshar (7014) | answered Dec 11 '13, 7:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 You can use the Interactive Upgrade Guide to upgrade your RQM:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m5/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/roadmap_clm_upgrade.html

permanent link
Gaetano Siano (1311013) | answered Dec 11 '13, 7:25 p.m.
 Thanks Michael but we have already gone through the setup on Server2 using JTS/Setup and the interactive guide says NOT to use Jts/Setup but instead use JTS/admin on the new server.  Since we have made a mistake do we have to blow away server2 and start again or can we recover from this point?   

permanent link
Michael Afshar (7014) | answered Dec 11 '13, 7:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 You also changed your DB2 version, right? I am not sure how that's going to work or if it will cause any problem. For migrating your database data, you can try -export and -import.

permanent link
Gaetano Siano (1311013) | answered Dec 11 '13, 11:08 p.m.
Yes, upgraded DB2 on new Server2
 Thanks, i will give it a go.

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Dec 12 '13, 8:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Gaetano,
In your original description of the issue, you mention 'Server 1" and "Server 2"; I assume these are two different physical machines with two unique host names?
Keep in mind, your current set up (Server 1) includes a public URI; if the data is moved, it still needs to be accessed by the original public URI, this is embedded in the data

Essentially, if your goal is to move CLM server from one host to another you have some options
The new server would have to be accessible using currently public URI (possibley through a reverse proxy)
You can go through the Server Rename function to change your current public URI  (see  https://jazz.net/library/article/1081)

If this is production data, I would recomned opening a ticket (PMR) with the CLM support team and discuss some of these options in detail 

Ara

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.