It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can't display the label above an HTML field in 4.0.5 WebUI anymore

Thibault Leclercq (9011013) | asked Dec 04 '13, 12:11 p.m.
edited Dec 04 '13, 12:12 p.m.
Using WebUI:

In 4.0.3, the labels of my HTML fields were above the field, and the field was taking the whole width of the section.

In 4.0.5, the labels of my HTML fields are always on the left of the field, with the field taking only half of the width of the section. Which means a lot of valuable screen space remains unused below the label.

How can I display the label of my HTML fields above the field, so that the field can use the whole width of the section?

Note that if I hide the label, then the field takes the whole width, but that's obviously not usable.

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented Dec 05 '13, 6:09 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Are these custom fields? Can you add a screen shot or two so we can be sure we're correctly understanding the issue? Did this presentation change only because of the upgrade from 403 to 405? 

Thibault Leclercq commented Dec 06 '13, 6:24 a.m. | edited Dec 06 '13, 6:24 a.m.

Those are indeed custom fields. I have 2 identical project areas, one on the test server (4.0.5) and the other on the production server (4.0.3). No other change was made apart from the upgrade. 

Here is how the fields look like in 4.0.3:
Fields in 4.0.3

Here are the fields in 4.0.5:
Fields in 4.0.5

See how the last field has no label and is taking the whole width.

Here is the corresponding project definition:
  Project configuration

Note that the tab uses an H layout. The results are identical with a Custom Attribute layout.

Millard Ellingsworth commented Dec 06 '13, 12:58 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks for the screen shots -- huge help. I've emailed the Tracking and Planning team and asked them to comment. The edit control we use changed between those versions and it would seem how we lay it out changed as well.

Have you tried removing some of the extra separators? 

Thibault Leclercq commented Dec 06 '13, 1:40 p.m. | edited Dec 06 '13, 1:41 p.m.

Yes, I've tried creating a new attribute/presentation from scratch, with no separator, and there is no change.

My screenshots are with empty fields. Those fields are meant to have a significant amount of text in them. Which means the fields will be quite tall and this will cause a 1/3 of the section to be 'wasted' with white space.

Looking forward to hearing from the Tracking and Planning team!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Michael Fiedler (9113) | answered Dec 10 '13, 8:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 The changes are due to our use of the CKEditor rich text editor to replace the Dojo RTE and be consistent with other Jazz projects + refactoring work which has been ongoing since 4.0.3 to clean up the work item editor's internals.  I can see where the label positioning has changed your layout and would suggest opening a work item so that we can do further investigation.   Please reference this forum entry.   Thank you.
Thibault Leclercq selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.