It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

understanding on email configuration settings

kavita herur (5876894) | asked Apr 25 '13, 8:55 a.m.
edited Apr 25 '13, 8:58 a.m.

Hi All,

I was looking into email configuration settings tab in user's profile. There are different columns "creator", "subscriber", "modifier" and rows with attributes.

My query is  Rows belong to current work item and also to parent/block/related work item?

If I am owner of CWT1 I will get mail on modification of CWT1. If there is parent/block/child work ticket PWT2 to CWT1.  I am not subscriber,Modifier,Creator, Owner of PWT2.

Do I get email notification on modify of parent or Block work ticket PWT2?

If not Can configure to add another row in email configuration to get notification on modify of parent work item attributes/state.

Thanks,

Kavita

One answer

permanent link
Scott Cowan (966310) | answered Apr 25 '13, 11:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Kavita,

Interesting question.  I hadn't thought of this requirement.  Just to clarify, I think you want to be able to specify (as an example) If you subscribe to a work item, you get an email if a new comment is added to any child work items.  Or as another example, if you created another work item, you get an email if some "Other state change" occurs on any work item it's blocked on.

I've been using RTC for several years now and I've never seen or heard of this feature.  And I don't see any options to do it.  I suspect it could be a scalability issue to traverse the links and email a potentially large audience.

Scott

Comments
kavita herur commented May 03 '13, 2:45 a.m.

Thanks, Scott to making me to understand.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.