It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test case and test plans are not linked

Ankit Jain (6423639) | asked Nov 27 '13, 5:14 a.m.

I work in hosted environment.

The instance that I work on has two project areas.

There are test cases and test plans in both the instances.

When I run the queries on both the project areas, this is what happens.

In one of the report which is for one project area, test cases are linked with test plans but in the other report that is for a different project area test cases and test plans are not linked. how is this can be figured out and troubleshot.

Comments
Paul Slauenwhite commented Nov 27 '13, 8:24 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Did you confirm the test cases are associated with the test plans in the second project area?  What report are generating?

One answer

permanent link
Thomas Suedbroecker (29335) | answered Nov 27 '13, 8:36 a.m.

Hello Ankit,

first of all "THERE IS NO CROSS LINKING OF TEST ASSETS ACROSS PROJECT AREA BOUNDARIES  !!"
Only copy Test Assets from one to a other project area.

Then it seam to be a simply answer from my perspective:

Situation:

a) In one of the report which is for one project area, test cases are linked with test plans!
b) The other report that is for a different project area test cases and test plans are not linked.

How is this can be figured out and troubleshot:

a) Define verification views to check the traces like this in both project areas:

Sample Display Settings

So you can check it.

b) Then for example you can create a Task (CCM)  and assign it someone who is responsible for the test plan and he/she must resolve it, by adding the Test cases to the test plan.

Maybe that helps regards,

Thomas

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.