It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is the test case execution progress status bar incorrect?

David Hanslip (23124448) | asked Aug 09 '12, 11:17 p.m.
I have imported 35 test cases into a RQM 4.0 test plan. Each is allocated a default weight of 1 point.

In the execution progress status bar "points unattempted" should be 35 but is displayed as zero.

I also notice that every time I run a test case, "points attempted" is incremented by 1. I supposed that's reasonable but it does mean that the points attempted/points unattempted is not a good guide to how many test cases have been run.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Aug 10 '12, 5:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi David,
execution progress status bar calculates all progress based on Testcase Execution Record(TCER). There is nothing to do with How many Testcases are added to the test plan but essentially how many TCER has been planned for execution. See Testcase Execution Record section for all TCER for the test plan.
David Hanslip selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
David Hanslip commented Aug 12 '12, 8:31 p.m.

Thanks Pramod.

So, the status bar is only useful if you create TCERs as part of an execution planning exercise. In the most simple mode of operation, you let RQM automatically create TCERs when you run test cases.

I wouldn't mind betting that the simple mode of operation if far more commonly used than creating TCERs beforehand.

Regards, Dave.

Pramod Chandoria commented Aug 13 '12, 1:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Dave RQM provides TCES as a capability to plan your test execution. The testcases added within test plan is part of test planning where you decides what all will be tested. Now the next question comes who when and how. These are answered by TCER. Until you don't create any TER, it is assumed no test execution is planned so far.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.