It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Mail configuration is set to ALL but I removed all the modifier permissions (Email will not trigger)

Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | asked Nov 20 '13, 9:49 a.m.

Mail configuration is set to ALL  but I removed all the modifier permissions.
- I then create a defect from RTC, even though I am a creator, I do not receive any e-mail because I am the creator.

When I also enable the modifier permissions for mail configuration,
then I receive an e-mail when I create a defect because I am a modifier.

However, I should be receiving e-mail when I create e new defect not
because I am a  modifier but because I am a creator.

Could you please let me know is it a known behavior ? is it a Defect ? 

Comments
sam detweiler commented Nov 20 '13, 9:59 a.m.

that status is send you an email when SOMEONE ELSE changes the workitem AND  you WERE the creator (and have no other relationship to the workitem)

YOU will NOT receive an email WHEN you are creating a workitem

Arun K Sriramaiah commented Nov 20 '13, 10:08 a.m.

Thanks sam for the comment.

if I am creating the workitem type after enabling the creator option in mail configuration . Ideally it should notify since he is a creator of the WI type. As per the mail configuration.

sam detweiler commented Nov 20 '13, 10:14 a.m. | edited Nov 20 '13, 10:16 a.m.

If YOU are the creator AND you are Creating or Modifiying the workitem,  YOU will never get an Email notice.  the RTC design believes YOU KNOW you did it.

Arun K Sriramaiah commented Nov 20 '13, 10:40 a.m. | edited Nov 20 '13, 10:41 a.m.

Ok, what is the purpose of creator option in mail configuration of the users.

sam detweiler commented Nov 20 '13, 10:44 a.m.

you can set the system to notify users who are creators of workitems when someone ELSE changes the workitem AND the creator has no other relationship to the workitem, (ie not owner and not subscriber).

in some designs the person creating workitems is an admin person. they would not care about changes, and they would JUST be the creator.

in other designs, the creator is a project manager and wants to know when things are (or are not) being changed

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.