It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Skip email notifications using WCL batch file

Divya _ (254) | asked Nov 04 '22, 11:39 a.m.
Hello Team,

We have configured a batch script to update a set of workitems using a query. We do not want the email notifications to be triggered while this script is run. The /skipEmailNotification parameter is not working as expected.
Could you please help me with skipping the email notifications while the batch file is run?

Please find below the batch file configured.
[WCL Version 5.2]

cd /d "D:\"
set JAVA_HOME=D:\RTC-Client-Win64-6.0.6\jazz\jdk
set PLAIN_JAVA=D:\RTC-Client-plainJavaLib-6.0.6

rem Parameters to configure
set repo="TEST"
set pa="TEST"
@echo off
set username=%1%
set pw=%2%
@echo on
set queryname="Task WIs"

rem Execution command
%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\java -Djava.ext.dirs=./lib;%PLAIN_JAVA%;%JAVA_HOME%/jre/lib/ext -cp ./lib;%PLAIN_JAVA% -jar "D:\WCL_5_2\WCL.jar" -bulkupdate password=%pw% /skipEmailNotification projectArea=%pa% query=%queryname% /enforceSizeLimits repository=%repo% /ignoreErrors user=%username% com.bosch.rtc.configuration.workitemtype.customattribute.developmenttype:set=
pause

Thanks in advance.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 05 '22, 4:59 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can file an issue in the work item command line GIT project. For all I know the flag to skip e-mail notification should work. It did the last time I tried. I think the feature was introduced in 6.0.5

Divya _ selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 05 '22, 5:02 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.