It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

team invitation email

Naveen Chandani (4812022) | asked Apr 10 '13, 5:29 a.m.
Hi,

I have configured email notification in my system. However when I add a team member into a project area as a member. It sends an invitation mail and gives a message that mail sent successfully. However the user doesent gets any mail and when I checked the log file, it gives the following message:

CRJAZ1999e   The email message contains some invalid recipients. The email was send successfully  to the valid recipients but the following are invalid: naveenchandani@gmail.com

The email id mentioned above is a valid one and it also doesen't sends any email notification when i assign a workitem to that user. Please suggest.

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Apr 10 '13, 6:34 a.m. | edited Apr 10 '13, 6:37 a.m.

Hi Naveen,
Could you try sending e-mail using mail client from user who is modifying work item to naveenchandani@gmail.com ?
Also what kind of user authentication you use on the server (ldap or Tomcat)?

Naveen Chandani commented Apr 10 '13, 7:15 a.m.

The mail was send successfully from mail client to naveenchandani@gmail.com.

User Authetication system being used is a Jazz user administration system.

3 answers

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | answered Apr 10 '13, 5:59 a.m.

Just a short idea:

have you tried to add gmail.com into the "Whitelist (Outbound)" in Server Administration? Within jts/admin as well as in ccm/admin

Comments
Naveen Chandani commented Apr 10 '13, 6:23 a.m.

Tried but no luck

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Apr 10 '13, 7:00 a.m.
Hi Naveen,

Looking at the error it seems that the mail went to some recipients successfully but was not successful for your gmail id. I would probably consider checking the mail server logs on why the message was not delivered to this particular recipient. It is quite possible that the applications are receiving this error from the mail server itself.

Comments
Naveen Chandani commented Apr 10 '13, 7:14 a.m.

It is not sending emails to any id.

Indradri Basu commented Apr 10 '13, 8:46 a.m. | edited Apr 10 '13, 9:41 a.m.

are you trying to use a Secure SMTP server ? If yes, then you need to provide a valid username and password with STARTTLS set to true.

permanent link
Qiong Feng Huang (76911610) | answered Apr 11 '13, 9:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Can you please file a defect against Jazz Foundation project at https://jazz.net/mystuff/#tab=ua. At least, the message should not tell you the mail has been sent successfully but actually not.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.