It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there an option to deselect a tag on RRC artifacts in bulk ?

long TRUONG (3654121147) | asked Nov 15 '13, 9:54 a.m.
 We can select a tag in bulk for multiple RRC artifacts:
  • Can we deselect an existing tag in bulk on RRC artifacts ?
  • Or can we select a tag with the option to replace an already tagged one? in bulk on multiple ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Nov 15 '13, 11:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can apply tags to multiple artifacts that way, but you cannot remove tags from multiple artifacts.
There is an enhancement open for this: 50881: can't remove tags from multiple requirements at once
long TRUONG selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
long TRUONG commented Nov 15 '13, 12:02 p.m.

Thanks all. This was what I was going to say: done try that in vain. The pop up window does not have selected  tags displayed to take off.

Dave Evans commented Nov 15 '13, 1:17 p.m.

If it is truly a large opertaion, you could still do the following:

For replacing a tag:

1) Filter all artifacts by the tag you would like to remove

2) Add a new tag in bulk

3) Delete the old tag

For deselecting an existing tag you could follow a similar concept, but it gets complicated enough that I would say you would not want to attempt it unless you are modifying tags for more than 200 artifacts.

One other answer

permanent link
Dave Evans (14812846) | answered Nov 15 '13, 11:40 a.m.
I have 4.0.1 and you can do it in there. Go the Artifacts view, and select the check box for all artifacts you would like to bulk-edit the tags for. Select the pencil, then select "Apply Tags to X Artifacts", then manage the tags in the window which pops up.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.