It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

New excel to import

archana kurup (2026972) | asked Nov 09 '13, 5:22 a.m.
edited Nov 10 '13, 9:42 p.m.
I have created a new cfg code in notepad for my project and put both the excel sheet and the cfg in the c://Programfiles->ibm->RQMExcelImporter->Samples
But when i clicked on the Export to Repository, When i tried to browse the cfg its showing "You cannot open this program using this location.Try a different location"...
Where should i put this cfg and excel sheet of my project? .

2 answers

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Nov 11 '13, 1:07 a.m.
Where do you have your excelimpoter(OS?) installed and what is the version of Excelmporter?
Usually when you have cfg and xls files in the same folder for example on desktop's any folder, you can first open the xls file and then in the open Excel file's RQM menu, open "Export to repository" and then browse to the cfg and keep "Active Document" as is and it would work.

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Nov 11 '13, 8:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Archana,
You would get the message You cannot open this program using this location.Try a different location"... if you are referencing a configuration file that does not have a .cfg extension. If you created your configuration file with Notepad its possible it added a txt extension to it. Check the properties of the configuration file (Right click on the file and select Properties) and make sure its not marked as a TXT file

Ara

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.