It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM: why keyword associated with multiple automated scripts can only execute one script each time?

Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | asked Nov 11 '15, 7:24 p.m.
edited Nov 11 '15, 7:26 p.m.
RQM 5.0.2 tested with RFT 8.5 or higher.
We create 3 RFT scripts and imported into RQM, let's say, script1, script2 and script3,
then create one keyword and add 3 scripts into keyword.
add this keyword into another RQM script and run it in a test case, only the one mark Default in keyword
will be executed.

I don't know what is the concept behind this design in keyword. While it allows the user to have more than one test scripts associated with it, it only run one default script every time which is quite confusing to the user as they would
expect all the scripts within that keyword to be run.

Does anyone know what is behind that concept and any correct use case to have multiple scripts in one keyword?
or there is any way to make one keyword run all included scripts?
thank you very much.

Comments
Ara Masrof commented Nov 12 '15, 9:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Don,
There is a know defect around multiple keywords associated to automated scripts
Defect 142054
Its not exactly what you are seeing but it may have an effect

Don Yang commented Nov 12 '15, 5:30 p.m.

Thanks Ara for the info.
The defect seems to be related to executing two keywords, I would like to know one keyword with multiple automated scripts, and when a script has that keyword, it only runs the default one instead of all of them. The user feels confusion on the behavior given that they are allowed to have multiple scripts in one keyword. I am wondering what is the design concept behind that "keyword can have more than one script, but execution will only run the default one". I notice that the default script setting is "channel default", so the design of keyword allowing multiple scripts could be the purpose of using Channel feature in RQM? when channel is enabled and associated with each script in the keyword, execution based on channel is meaningful, is that what the design concept for multiple scripts in one keyword?

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Nov 20 '15, 4:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Don,

Yes the concept of having multiple scripts for a Keyword is to support the channel feature. User can create a script composed of multiple keywords and then execute the same script for different channel. Based on the channel selected, RQM would pick the script associated to keyword for that channel.
Don Yang selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Don Yang commented Nov 22 '15, 5:40 p.m. | edited Nov 22 '15, 10:25 p.m.

Thanks Reshma for the info.

Don Yang commented Nov 22 '15, 10:26 p.m.

I guess, you mean "User can create a keyword composed of multiple scri[ts and then execute the same keyword for different channel." instead, is that right? thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.