It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build is not happening with JBE

Prabhahar Thangam (1123) | asked Oct 15 '13, 12:41 p.m.
edited Oct 15 '13, 12:48 p.m.

I have creted the the configuration of Bulid engine and defintion. Afer that while giving the build request, i could see that the workspace files are loaded in the path as per "load options" in the build definition. But the engine is not invoking the build command as per the "command line build ". i am seeing the at the Progress is "Fetching file" for long time.

Am i missing something?  Below is the log file

Thanks and Regards

Prabhahar

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013-10-15 21:42:50 [Jazz build engine] running on host: INDX780CXTL4BS

2013-10-15 21:42:50 [Jazz build engine] Should build occur?

2013-10-15 21:42:50 [Jazz build engine] Yes: Always build a user initiated request.

2013-10-15 21:42:53 [Jazz build engine] Invoking pre-build participant "com.ibm.team.build.jazzscm"

2013-10-15 21:42:57 [Jazz build engine] Accepting changes into workspace "pthangam_ford_b562_A040" ...

2013-10-15 21:43:00 [Jazz build engine] Deleting fetch destination "C:\jazz\buildsystem\buildengine\eclipse\Build_Engine" before fetching ...

2013-10-15 21:43:00 [Jazz build engine] Fetching files to fetch destination "C:\jazz\buildsystem\buildengine\eclipse\Build_Engine" ...

2013-10-15 22:14:08 [Jazz build engine] Invoking build participant "com.ibm.team.build.cmdline"

Making ....

The system cannot find the path specified.

Build failed. Exit value was 255.

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Oct 16 '13, 2:43 a.m.

Hi Prabhahar,
It seems that this message goes from your build (possibly from make command?)
Try running make command in the location where it is executed by Jazz Build Engine to check how it works.

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 16 '13, 3:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Krysztof, if the make command fails, shouldn't the build also fail? Why is the build not reporting the failure?

Prabhahar Thangam commented Oct 16 '13, 9:29 a.m.

Hi Krzysztof,

Now i can able to invoke my make command after i executed from the JBE location.

i have another question, The JBE build process is passing even the compilation fails with compiler errors. How can i say to JBE on the error in the compilation?

Your comments are very helpful.

Thanks

Prabhahar

Prabhahar Thangam commented Oct 19 '13, 5:57 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

What i can do to report to JBE as build is completed with errors when the source code has syntax errors. Now the JBE build process is "pass" even the source code compile is stopped due to syntax error.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.