It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to fill the customized filed with current date when the worktiem state got changed?

Richar Cai (1711016) | asked Jul 01 '13, 11:14 a.m.

Dear Team,

I did some customizations on a workitem, like adding one more filed called "Task Actual Date" on task workitem.

What I want to do is to fill this customized filed with current date once the workitem status got changed (something like status from "New" --> "In progress").

Could you share me the information/idea for how to implement the requirement?

Thank you very much!

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jul 01 '13, 1:26 p.m.
edited Jul 01 '13, 1:27 p.m.
You will have to write an extension, there is no builtin support to do what you want.
(All this is recorded in the history, why do you need another field?)

the javascript extensions (value provider, etc) cannot tell the prior state (new), only the future state (In Progress).
some field types are not manageable by javascript extensions either..

it may be that you will have to write a Java Participant. 

see the workshop https://jazz.net/library/article/1000

Richar Cai selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Richar Cai commented Jul 02 '13, 11:12 a.m.

Hi Sam,

Thank you so much for your answer.

yes, all the required information is recorded in the history, but RTC user doesn't want to check such information from the history tab, they want to see this (like coding actual happened date/ design actual happened date) as a separated filed in overview tab. So I need to customize some fileds and get the current date filled automatically when the workitem's status got changed.

I will study the extension workshop first.

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks & Best regards,

Richar Cai

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.