It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Trouble installing RTC 4.0.3 from CLM-Web-Installer sitting behind a proxy

Jayasimha K S (1335) | asked Oct 11 '13, 7:21 a.m.
edited Oct 11 '13, 7:22 a.m.
I am getting the below message when I try installing RTC 4.0.3 from the CLM web installer

"The com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.jts package specified in the D:\software\ibm\CLM-Web-Installer-Win-4.0.3\im\win32.win32.x86\install-server.xml file cannot be found.
The com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.product-clm package specified in the D:\software\ibm\CLM-Web-Installer-Win-4.0.3\im\win32.win32.x86\install-server.xml file cannot be found.
The com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.rtc package specified in the D:\software\ibm\CLM-Web-Installer-Win-4.0.3\im\win32.win32.x86\install-server.xml file cannot be found.
The com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.rdm package specified in the D:\software\ibm\CLM-Web-Installer-Win-4.0.3\im\win32.win32.x86\install-server.xml file cannot be found.
The com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.rqm package specified in the D:\software\ibm\CLM-Web-Installer-Win-4.0.3\im\win32.win32.x86\install-server.xml file cannot be found."

I tried debugging a little to understand whats happening
1. The launchpad.exe runs a launchpad.bat inside the launchpad folder
2. This batch file checks the JRE install and browser in the current machine and then opens the lauchpad UI
3. When we click the link "Install Jazz Team Server, the trial license keys, and the applications.", it lauches the IBM Installation Manager.
4. The IM reads install-server.xml under "D:\software\ibm\CLM-Web-Installer-Win-4.0.3\im\win32.win32.x86"
5. The install-server.xml has information as below

<agent-input clean="true" temporary="true">
<server>
    <repository location="https://jazz.net/downloads/clm/4.0.3/4.0.3/install-repository/clm-offerings/repository/repository.config"/>
    <repository location="." temporary="true"/>
</server>
<install>
    <offering features="agent_core,agent_jre" id="com.ibm.cic.agent"/>
    <offering id="com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.jts"/>
    <offering id="com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.product-clm"/>
    <offering id="com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.rtc"/>
    <offering id="com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.rdm"/>
    <offering id="com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.rqm"/>
</install>
</agent-input>

6. IM then fails with the above error message.

I see that if I copy paste the repository location in my browser, I am able to get a pop up for Jazz user Id and password but through the IM this is not happening.

My guess is that when IM is trying to connect to the above Jazz repository location from behind a proxy, it is failing. A possible solution can be to enhance the IM to pop up for "web proxy server information" from users and allow for a smooth interaction from there on.

One answer

permanent link
Mark Guertin (5867) | answered Oct 11 '13, 8:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
You could also download the IM repository (https://jazz.net/downloads/clm/releases/4.0.3/JTS-CCM-QM-RM-repo-4.0.3.zip) and host it internally. Then provide a response file that points to your internal repository, with a batch file that launches IM using your response file.

To create a response file, you can just copy the information you included above, but change the repository line to refer to where you are hosting your repository internally. If you want to host your repository on HTTP/HTTPS, you'll need to use the IBM Packaging Utility to create a network repository. Information on the Packaging Utility can be found here: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/install/v1r6/topic/com.ibm.cic.auth.ui.doc/topics/r_links_pu.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.