It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to login to Jazz after connecting to ldap, with AD usernames.

Asaf Kivity (3311016) | asked Jul 16 '12, 6:39 a.m.
 Hi All!
After setting up Jazz 4.0, and connecting it to ldap, I'm able to see all the users from ldap, but unable to login with any of them.
did anyone encounter such a problem?

Thanks!

Comments
Jared Russell commented Jul 16 '12, 12:39 p.m.

Are you using Tomcat or WAS?

Asaf Kivity commented Jul 18 '12, 9:55 a.m.

I use Tomcat. does it makes a difference? Thanks a lot.

One answer

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered Jul 16 '12, 7:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 16 '12, 1:10 p.m.
What is the exact error message? When you say you see all the users, where do you see them?

-----
Jared's Question seems to be the right place to start. Importing users and viewing them is done directly from RTC to the LDAP server, but  login goes through the application server's settings.

Since you probably would have run into issues with WebSphere before you got this far, I'll guess that you are using Tomcat.
Here's some info on setting that up that you might want to double check.
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_manually_config_tomcat_ldap.html

If it is WebSphere you probably just want to go through your WebSphere settings.

Comments
Asaf Kivity commented Jul 16 '12, 8:14 a.m.

When I try to login, i'm getting invalid username and password. When logged in as ADMIN, I'm able to "Import Users" and assign licenses to them. I can also see the users email addresses and other details (which tells me that i'm connected). Thanks.

Asaf Kivity commented Jul 18 '12, 9:56 a.m.

OK, I will try that and update. Thanks a lot.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.