It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to connect to LDAP in Websphere Application Server through a Java API ?

Karim Riad (1189) | asked Jul 05 '12, 6:29 a.m.
Hello,
As you know, an LDAP repository has to be defined in WAS realm in order map with the users / groups of JAZZ. However, it is WAS who takes the charge of connecting to LDAP and for business purposes, I need to use a specific Java API that takes the charge of connecting to LDAP for JAZZ (not directly in WAS).
Is there a way to do that?
Thanks for your help.

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 05 '12, 7:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Karim,

I know about a customer who has an RTC extension that contacts LDAP. So it is possible. I used a search engine looking for "java LDAP" and played with additional search terms, and there is a lot of information out there. I would probably use an API that is not App server dependent, but maybe there are even App server specific API's.

permanent link
Karim Riad (1189) | answered Jul 05 '12, 7:53 a.m.
Thank you Ralph :)
I already have the Java API that connects to LDAP. However, I can't see how it can be used as WAS handles LDAP directly.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 05 '12, 8:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Karim,

I don't think you can replace the code in WAS that talks to LDAP. Maybe you can create an extension to WAS that you can select instead of the supported LDAP configurations. If anyone than WAS people could answer that. Since this is delegated to the App Server, it is nothing that Jazz products are involved with. I would also assume that this is not a tested and therefore not a supported solution.

If you have the need, for instance in a followup action, or in another extension, to access LDAP than you would just use the Java API there.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.