It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where are the *Required* IBM i PTFs for CLM?

Larry McCarthy (2102224) | asked Oct 10 '13, 6:13 p.m.
edited Oct 10 '13, 6:15 p.m.
It used to be that on-line help listed the PTFs you needed to (successfully) install and run CLM on the IBM i. Lately (since 4.0-ish), the references to IBM i PTFs required for CLM simply refer to the list of all available IBM i PTFs, like so:
For IBMi PTF's are required. For the latest IBM i Group PTFs, go to http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/sline003.nsf/GroupPTFs?OpenView&view=GroupPTFs
The link provided is the list of all PTFs, by OS release level. Are those all required? Even the ones for MQ? Of course not.

So, what IBM i PTFs are required for, say, CLM 4.0.4 with WAS Express 8.0 on IBM i 7.1? Where is that info? 

Thanks,
Larry.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sean Babineau (38825) | answered Oct 11 '13, 11:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Larry, 
It mainly depends on whether you run just the Build System Toolkit (i.e. the agent) on IBM i, or whether you're running the Jazz Team Server on IBM i. As a general rule of thumb, apply the latest PTFs for the prerequisite components. 

For just the agent: Apply the latest group PTFs for 
  1. IBM i OS itself
  2. Java 
  3. TCP/IP
For the server, apply the same PTFs as for the agent, plus: 
  1. DB2 for IBM i 
  2. WebSphere App Server (for the version of WebSphere you are using with the JTS)
  3. IBM HTTP Server for i
And if your builds or other processes depend on other products (e.g. RPG compilers, etc.) you should also include the latest PTFs for those as well. 

I hope this helps,
~Sean~
Larry McCarthy selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Larry McCarthy commented Oct 11 '13, 12:15 p.m.

Thanks, Sean. That helps.

- Larry. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.