It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Parent Project Areas

Cameron McKay (571021) | asked Sep 24 '13, 1:38 p.m.
retagged Sep 30 '13, 9:36 a.m. by Ralph Earle (25739)
 Hello,

I have a project that has many sub-projects.  I want to create the project and sub-projects where the project is the parent of the sub-projects.  I don't want to use the Team Area functionality of RTC.  Is there functionality that exists in RTC to do this?

Cheers, Cam.

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented Sep 24 '13, 6:48 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'll add to Chris's questions: what do you consider a "project"? Can you provide an example (I'm not sure any two users have exactly the same definition)?

If you just want to have a parent project to control process configuration, each subproject could be a normal project area and inherit a shared process. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Chris Goldthorpe (4287) | answered Sep 24 '13, 6:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Project Areas in RTC cannot have sub projects, they can have child Team Areas. What is it that you want to do that requires a sub project rather than a team?
Cameron McKay selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Sep 27 '13, 2:55 p.m.
If you are interested in the shared process capability that Millard mentioned, see Sharing the process of a project area.

Ken

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.