It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report Dataware house aggregation of defects and test cases/script

Oliver Steinbrecher (15156) | asked Sep 26 '13, 7:43 a.m.
 Hey Guys,

i'm using the RTC/RQM dataware house and the Eclipse BIRT to create my own custom reports. Reports about Defects can be designed easily but how can i link these defects with my test cases stored in the RQM? All my Workitems are processed within the RTC while the test cases are managed within the RQM. I think I have to construct two Data Sources and two Data Sets within my report and aggregate these sets in a data cube... Any ideas if this is a correct way to solve this issue?!

Kind Regards

Oliver

Accepted answer

permanent link
Vladimir Amelin (70472226) | answered Sep 26 '13, 7:46 a.m.

You should check out RRDI or Insight for such kind of reports. Cross-application links are not exposed to BIRT.

Oliver Steinbrecher selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Sep 26 '13, 10:29 a.m.

And RRDI will only apply when applications share a Jazz Team Server.

Oliver Steinbrecher commented Sep 30 '13, 10:17 a.m.

Can i export the created reports to publish them on the jazz web server ? Maybe as a widget or in the reporting view? 

Oliver Steinbrecher commented Oct 07 '13, 4:23 a.m. | edited Oct 07 '13, 4:24 a.m.

Thanks for your further information. Do i really need to install a RRDI Server? I just want to create a Report which should be imported into the Jazz Team Server... (http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rcpr.help.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_setup_live_reporting.html)

Vladimir Amelin commented Oct 07 '13, 4:38 a.m.

Yes, to author the report you need to install RRDI.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.