It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Merging data warehouse databases

Charlotte Harris (32912) | asked Sep 23 '13, 8:39 a.m.
converted to question Sep 23 '13, 8:41 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103)
I think due to originally being at version 2 maybe even version 1 with multiple upgrades, we ended up with 3 data warehouse databases Is there a way to merge them into 1 DW?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Antoinette Iacobo (650712) | answered Sep 23 '13, 10:37 a.m.
 There is no tool from Rational that is going to accomplish this.  There isn't even a repotools migration for a data warehouse.  

But I'd take a step back and question what could be in the other vs 2 or vs 3 datamart/warehouse (the precursor to the warehouse).  Assuming you have one CLM server and a full load has been run at some point, you would have all the operational data generated for all the projects registered under that JTS except for trend data from history.  

If you have different versions of CLM with different warehouses and you want to report on them, you could use Rational Insight (which requires licenses) to report across enterprise databases such as multiple JTSs.  
Charlotte Harris selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Charlotte Harris commented Sep 25 '13, 4:32 a.m.

Thanks for clarifying this, I didn't relise but the RRDI on the CLM server can report on the other servers projects, which is great! Apart from one server which is it 4.0.0.1, the others are both 4.0.3? Would a upgrade fix this problem?

2 other answers

permanent link
Sandy Grewal (1.6k1223) | answered Sep 23 '13, 1:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Charlotte,

Data Warehouse was introduced in 3.0.1, before it DataMart was used which stored data in the Application database.
V2 and V1 did not have Data Warehouse databases.

Sandy

permanent link
Antoinette Iacobo (650712) | answered Sep 25 '13, 10:48 a.m.
Hi Charlotte,

I'm not sure what new problem you are referring to. 
Regarding your comment on RRDI - it's Rational Insight that can report across project areas/CLM products that are deployed across multiple JTSs and RRDI across CLM applications deployed within a single Jazz™ Team Server (JTS).

Take a look at this link from the InfoCenter that further clarifies the reporting solutions:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/topic/com.ibm.rational.reporting.overview.doc/topics/c_ovr_reporting_solutions.html

Toni

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.