It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What's the best way to move a JazzTeamServer's SQL Server databases to a new server?

David Hanslip (23124448) | asked Mar 16 '15, 6:28 a.m.
edited Mar 16 '15, 8:45 a.m. by Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12)
We are trying to move a JazzTeamServer's databases from a SQL Server 2005 installation on Windows Server 2003 to a new installation of SQL Server 2012 on Windows Server 2008 R2.

SQL Server provides a copy wizard that copies and upgrades the databases.

Is it then a simple matter of changing all occurrences of the database name in the teamserver.properties files?

For example

com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.location=//old server server name\:1433;databaseName\=ccm;user\=ccmDBuser;password\={password}

to

com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.location=//new server server name\:1433;databaseName\=ccm;user\=ccmDBuser;password\={password}

I have tried this and while the Jazz Team Server starts OK we are unable to log onto RQM and the Jazz Team Server status states that "The Jazz Team Server is running but services are unavailable".

Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Sebastien Conan (835) | answered Mar 16 '15, 9:06 a.m.
edited Mar 16 '15, 9:09 a.m.

Hi,

I have done this kind of move from SQL2008 to SQL2012 on a tiny test platform with only one server that contains all the applications (jts,ccm,rm...). I have runned the jts/setup and then changed the informations concerning the databases and it has worked perfectly.

I don´t know if it´s the best way to do it but at least it has worked and it was quite easy. I guess when you do it through the setup it changes all the informations at the right place without missing.

permanent link
Julio A. Velásquez (1235) | answered Jun 10 '15, 9:32 a.m.
 Hello David, the steps are the following:

1. Stop the jazzteam service.

2. Backup the databases of the current DBserver and then, restore them with the same names in the new DBserver.

3. Change the teamserver.properties just like you said above, updating the hostname with the new DBserver (Or you can rename the current teamserver.properties and create a new file with the change indicated before, in order to you can to do an easier backout if you're working over production's environment).

4. Run the scripts repolockid and reindex in the JAZZserver.

5. Start the jazzteam service and run the all the diagnostics to certificate and test all the applications.

I hope have helped you...

Atte.
JV (ProgrammerVE)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.