It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How is modified_since in ETL mapped in ClearQuest?

David Mehaffy (90123338) | asked Feb 28 '13, 10:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 I have an ETL for gathering data from ClearQuest.  It works fine except for modified_since when a value of less than 6 hours is computed for the modified_since on the where clause of the defect query.  I have defects that are say 1 or 2 hours old but if I use modified_since of 5:55 (H:mm) it returns 0 rows.  If I use modified_since of 6:05 then the correct number of rows are returned.  6:00 also seems to fail as well.  We have a requirement of being able to run the delta ETL every 6 hours in our environment.  Since the ETL does take some time the modified_since will always be less than 6 hours and then it will fail.  I am not the admin for CQ and don't they don't know what parameter needs to be change in their config to allow this to work - or is this a hard limitation in CQ?

2 answers

permanent link
VK L (8177157159) | answered Feb 28 '13, 11:23 a.m.
 Hi David,
                 ETL Job is setup on Rational Insight. You can use Data-Manager-tool to view current job configuration. 

General formula:
  $MODIFIED_SINCE := GetNFLastETLSuccessDateTime( $RESOURCEGROUP_ID , $DeltaLoad)

Thanks.

Comments
David Mehaffy commented Feb 28 '13, 11:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I know that - the problem is what does modified_since get translated to in the query to CQ - ie what parameter is controlling the granularity of query data in CQ.

permanent link
VK L (8177157159) | answered Feb 28 '13, 11:34 a.m.
edited Feb 28 '13, 11:34 a.m.
 Hi David,
                  This formula is the standard one - but, you can modify it to a different value using the available functions - as it has to be a dynamic value every time.

The problem now looks like - there's a very short interval between the job completion time and the next run - so the items created in this interval are getting missed out.

Thanks.

Comments
David Mehaffy commented Feb 28 '13, 11:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

No - If I run the query manually from DM and set a modified_since that is greater than 6 hours it returns the correct rows.  If I run again manually entering a modified_since of less that 6 hours it always returns 0 rows, for example I have defects that are 1 hour old and I set modified_since to 5hours and 55 minutes it will return 0 rows - so it is something in CQ that is not allowing queries of less than 6 hours ago for a delta - I need to know what that is

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.