It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DBadmin privileges to configure already created DW in RRDI setup?

Cesar Sasaki (511289129) | asked Apr 14 '15, 12:17 p.m.
Hi
I'm in the process of configure RRDI on an CLM 4.0.6. In the step 3 "Configure Data Warehouse" , database (DW) administrator user and password  is required. It is very difficult to me to get a database administrator user, but I cant access to a user that has access privileges.

If the database is already created , do I required adminitrator privileges ? or can I configure the RRDI step 3 with only a user with read privileges (or what permissions do I need ). ?

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Alexandre Stegani (8664) | answered Apr 14 '15, 6:17 p.m.

Hi Cesar,

Assuming the DW database is already created, then you do not need to create a new database. I´d suggest to specify the same credentials that has been specified in CLM (i.e. ccm/admin > Reports > Data Warehouse Connection)

By the way, what´s the database vendor?

Comments
Cesar Sasaki commented Apr 14 '15, 6:31 p.m.

Hi Alexandre

Yes the DW  database is already created. I do not want to create a new database just configure (try to connect) in the RRDI setup.  I cant use the same credentials used in CLM , because I did not install/configure the CLM. But I want to ask a user with some privileges/permissions over the DW  database. What I dont know what kind of permissions do I need?(If the db is already created). Because getting admin user is kind of impossible here.

I'm using db2

Thanks!

Alexandre Stegani commented Apr 28 '15, 5:35 p.m.

Hi Cesar,

The user account must have DBADM authority over the DW database.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.