It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

As an admin, is there a way for me to default the scope considered on the Comments and Reviews widgets?

Taly Hotimsky (2714557) | asked Sep 20 '13, 11:12 a.m.
On RRC we want to create an "Individual" tab on RRC and have it show content directed to the user, as we can on RTC.

Because RRC doesn't work with the "Current User" variable for queries/widgets, a lot is lost there.
We decided then to have only the Comments and Reviews widgets, set to show the "Recent Comments for Me"  and "Show my active reviews" (with some sorting and grouping pre-defined as well).
However, when saving the dashboard, the scope, sorting and grouping doesn't seem to be saved, making those widgets irrelevant on our "Individual" tab.

One answer

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Sep 20 '13, 3:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Taly,
Using the personal dashboard instead of the project dashboard should work.  Click on the "open my personal dashboard" icon from the person icon in the upper right corner.  Add the Comments and Review widget here.  The user should be able to save settings from there.  I do notice the sorting/grouping doesn't save unless you change the scope (for me, all) of the what to display.

Comments
Taly Hotimsky commented Sep 20 '13, 3:33 p.m.

Hi Erica.

Thanks.
But what I'm looking for is to make a "Personal Dashboard"  available for the user as a tab on the project dashboard. The Personal Dashboard feature, as I understand it, is for the user to set up, not the admin.
What I'm looking for is a way to, as an admin, customize an individualized dashboard for my users. We can do this very well on RTC, but, unfortunately, in RRC I still haven't found a good way to do it. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.