It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Setting Artifact Type in a module imported from REQIF file

Patti Jansma (2123) | asked Sep 16 '13, 10:22 p.m.
When we import a REQIF file into DOORS NG 4.0.3, and created a view to show the Artifact Type of each artifact, we discovered that ALL the artifacts had the name of the module as their Artifact Type.  The values for Artifact Type should have been either Heading or Requirement but instead all had the module name.  Can someone tell us how to get the Artifact Type to be set properly upon Import?  Otherwise, we have to change them all manually.  Please advise.  Thanks.

Comments
Kevin Murphy commented Dec 02 '13, 7:04 p.m.

Patti, did you ever get this figured out? I'm running into the same issue with REQIF files from DOORS. Changing them manually can only be done 50 at a time.

Patti Jansma commented Dec 02 '13, 7:26 p.m.

Somewhat, but not exactly.  The REQIF was exported from DOORS 9.5 into DOORS NG 4.0.3. Apparently, REQIF does not "capture" the artifact type from DOORS 9.5 since it deals with Objects, not Artifacts, so it doesn't pass it on. We have submitted a change request with IBM re. this since DOORS 9.5 knows  if an object is a Heading or not already.  So for right now, the manual setting of Artifact Type is necessary.  IBM suggested setting up an Object in DOORS 9.5 called Artifact Type, but all that does is move the problem back.  The value still needs to be allocated.  :-(

One answer

permanent link
Gabriel Ruelas (1.1k13) | answered Sep 28 '13, 11:40 a.m.
Hi,
I just tried the Use Case and it seems to work for me, where do you get the original reqIf exported ?

Comments
Patti Jansma commented Dec 02 '13, 7:23 p.m.

The REQIF was exported from DOORS 9.5 into DOORS NG 4.0.3. Apparently, REQIF does not "capture" the artifact type from DOORS 9.5 since it deals with Objects, not Artifacts, so it doesn't pass it on. We have submitted a change request with IBM re. this since DOORS 9.5 knows when an object is a Heading or not already.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.