It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Admin access during tiral

Zhou JIANG (11) | asked Oct 30 '19, 5:22 a.m.

Hello, 

i am doing an evaluation of the Doors NG cloud, and i realise that i dont have the full acess because i am not an admin. 

However, to change this i go to the user profile and got this message: 

Because this server is connected to an external user registry, some user details including User ID, E-Mail Address, and Repository Permissions are read-only. To modify these read-only details, you must make the changes in the external user registry.

Anyone have the same experience?

BR,
Zhou

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Oct 30 '19, 5:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The eval system is using LDAP to manage user ID, name, password, e-mail. That is the reason why ou see that message. This has nothing to do with being an administrator within the ELM tool such as JazzAdmin.

Comments
Zhou JIANG commented Oct 30 '19, 5:49 a.m.

thank you for your answer, did not expect that fast.

So do you know how can i change the user profile to jazzadmin? because in my trial Doors NG, it is not allowed (i can not modify user level)

BR,
Zhou

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 30 '19, 6:14 a.m. | edited Oct 30 '19, 6:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The repository permission is managed in the said LDAP and will likely not allow you to change that. In addition you should talk to the people maintaining your cloud such details.  

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k252162) | answered Oct 30 '19, 8:19 a.m.
Hi Zhou,

Try going to the LDAP password management URL for your database instead of the repository URL

If your repository URL is

then try going to this URL instead

If you login with the same credentials then you may have the ability to change database access level and powers etc.

Sean

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.6k217) | answered Oct 30 '19, 7:48 p.m.
I believe the OP is talking about the DOORS Next Gen Trial environment hosted on jazz.net.

If this is the case, because this is a public cloud environment, the cloud trial creates a project area for you - you will not be given JazzAdmin rights to the public cloud server.

What specific things were you trying to evaluate as a JazzAdmin? If you do want full control of the Jazz server environment, then you will need to download and install CLM locally - you'll be able to activate a 60 day trial license to complete your evaluation.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.