It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why can members of a team area not edit any artifacts of their team area but have read access to any artifact?

Isa Wa (833) | asked Jul 16 '14, 10:58 a.m.
Hello,

I am currently having a look at Rational DOORS 5.0 beta 1 and do not understand how to work with team areas appropriately.

Basically, i think it is not possible to restrict read access to certain members of a project by using access groups. Am I right here?
If so, is there any other option to restrict read-access for selected project members for folders or individual artifacts?

Furthermore, I wanted to restrict the write-acces for some people. Therefore, I created a team area. Only members of that area should be able to make changes to artifacts that are owned by this team area. However, also members of this team area cannot change anything. They also only got read-acces. Members of this team area 'author' so they basically should be allowed to make changes.

What am I doing wrong here?

Kind regards,
Isabella

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Jul 16 '14, 11:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 16 '14, 11:33 a.m.
 Hi Isabella,

You may want to take a look at the answer I posted under this forum post, because it might also apply here: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/158413/rrc-is-it-possible-to-show-or-hide-the-contents-of-a-folder-depending-on-the-team-area

Basically, read-only access is applicable for all members of a project area, and cannot be restricted for certain folders and/or artifacts within the project area. While team areas should prevent certain users from being able to write to the contained folders and artifacts, it cannot prevent them from viewing these resources. You can simulate this functionality by creating a separate "private" project area and only granting access to the project for the desired users, and then you can use ReqIF Import to maintain artifacts within the project areas (if needed). If you would like to have this functionality supported, you can add you voice to this plan item: Fine Grained READ Access Control [CLM] (60206).

However, if you are having problems with members of a team area not being able to access the artifacts associated with the team area, that seems more like a permissions-level issue or else a licensing issue. Please double-check the permissions configuration for the roles within the team area, and verify that permissions are enabled for the desired actions and user roles. Certain licenses are also designed for read-only access, so you will want to ensure that your users have a read-write license assigned. For more information about which licenses to use, you can take a look at this page: Client Access License Management Overview.

Hope this helps!
Mike Jaworski
Isa Wa selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.