It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What should I do if I see SPAM messages on the forum?

Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | asked Sep 09 '13, 7:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Spam is picking up again recently, what can I do to help getting rid of it?

Comments
Don Rota commented Oct 12 '13, 9:15 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Email to webmaster@jazz.net is helpful.  Just don't include the spam post in the email.

William Byrne commented May 23 '14, 8:46 p.m.

I'm seeing regular SPAM via my forum subscriptions. Maybe preventing noobs from embedding external links would help. If that doesn't work, we can organize a posse.

sam detweiler commented May 23 '14, 9:04 p.m.

I have suggested a posse (moderation), but IBM seems unwilling to take control of this problem. 

They stopped new posts, but can't can't stop edits or comments. 

Ralph Schoon commented May 26 '14, 3:02 a.m.

We have Aksimet as a payed service implemented, also available in the reports menu at least for moderators. The filter is filtering 2/3 of the incoming spam already and learning. It was decided we don't want to block users from posing entirely, as far as I can tell.

sam detweiler commented May 26 '14, 6:46 a.m.

some days you can't find a real user post thru all the trash.  and they have taken to contaminating real user posts with garbage comments and answers.

Once again I think this site is an amazing property, but seems disrespect of the paying users doesn't matter. very sad.

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 09 '13, 8:01 a.m.
There are two things you can do-

As described in https://jazz.net/forum/questions/80357/is-there-a-way-to-flag-spam-in-the-forum

Users with a minimum reputation of 200 points can flag questions or answers for moderation. They can be flagged as spam, offensive, off-topic, not nice, advertising, etc. The action is in the more menu above the user description.

If you exceed the number of posts to flag you can also try to re-tag the question with the tag spam.

This will help us to get rid of it.

Thanks!

Ralph

Comments
Scott Cowan commented Sep 09 '13, 9:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Ralph!  I just found myself asking this question last week.

permanent link
Don Rota (14922221) | answered Oct 12 '13, 9:14 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can also send email to webmaster@jazz.net and say "username that is posting spam on https://jazz.net/forums"
Don't include the spam post in the mail to webmaster@jazz.net as our email spam filters may block your alert.

permanent link
abhishek patti (9134) | answered Oct 13 '13, 10:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Can we increase the no of flags per day = 10 since we have a increase in spam

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 13 '13, 1:57 p.m.

Please create a work item in the forum RTC instance. 

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 14 '13, 2:19 a.m. | edited Oct 14 '13, 2:20 a.m.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 07 '15, 5:03 a.m.
We have seen Spam picking up again recently and try our level best to contain it.
Please don't waste your reputation points by down voting spam. Just mark the message with the tag spam.
Leave the message unchanged otherwise, so we can report it to our spam blocker in order for it to learn to filter it out.

Thanks,

Ralph

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.