It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] My Stuff does not show recent forum entries with my favorite tags

John Vasta (2.6k15) | asked Jun 14 '12, 8:35 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
closed Jun 25 '12, 2:47 p.m. by Seth Packham (1.4k42213)
I've been noticing that when I look at the Forums tab under My Stuff, it does not show recent forum entries that are tagged with those that I have designated favorites. For example, "jazz-foundation" is one of my favorite tags (I only have three favorites). At this moment, if I click on "jazz-foundation" to show all entries with that tag, I see recent activity in posts like this:

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/34418/crjzs0035e-invalid-oauth-signatureerror-in-jfs-sdk-samples
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/29967/to-keep-jazz-tables-in-its-own-database-or-not

but they do not appear in My Stuff at all. And there are other entries that show recent activity, but appear in My Stuff way down the list, with older times, as if there hasn't been any recent activity. For example,

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/78759/how-does-rtc-webui-manages-memory-and-is-there-a-method-to-clean-up-memory-usage-on-ie-7-or-8

shows up under the tagged list with the time "18 hours ago", but shows up under My Stuff with the time "Jun 11, 05:04 PM". So I'm finding My Stuff to be pretty useless as a way of monitoring forum activity that I am interested in.

Comments
Seth Packham commented Jun 18 '12, 12:55 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

@pklicnik can you read this and take a look?

John Vasta commented Jun 21 '12, 10:15 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

It seems to me that the problem is that My Stuff only sorts entries by creation date, not by most recent activity date. And it only shows a limited number of items. So older items that have recent activity are not shown at all, and the most recent activity is not at the top (and you can't tell whether any entries have had any recent activity, because only the creation dates are shown). If My Stuff could use the same "Active" sort method that is the default in the regular view, and show the same timestamps, then it would be useful.

Spencer Griffin commented Jun 25 '12, 1:37 p.m.

I changed the sort to sort by recent activity date.

The question has been closed for the following reason: "The question is answered, right answer was accepted" by packham Jun 25 '12, 2:47 p.m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Seth Packham (1.4k42213) | answered Jun 25 '12, 2:46 p.m.
Spencer @griffisp fixed the feed from the forum that pushes to "My Stuff" so you should be seeing latest activity now!
Seth Packham selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Seth Packham (1.4k42213) | answered Jun 22 '12, 10:35 a.m.
The My Stuff section today is definitely a less feature rich area for staying current with the forum than by using the forum itself. I've opened an internal work item on this to try to improve the behavior here to be more predictable and similar.