It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

scmtools on aix

stephen laws (9184) | asked Jan 31 '09, 11:24 p.m.
Hello,

We have our build engines running on AIX and would like to push some built jars back into a published project. We do this so that other teams have a known good jar to integrate to (instead of having code).

Is it possible to run the command line scm on AIX? Is there some alternative to get the same behaviour?

Thanks for any help

3 answers

permanent link
Jean-Michel Lemieux (2.5k11) | answered Feb 02 '09, 6:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Officially I don't think we support AIX for 1.0 and 1.0.X. However, internally we do run on AIX so it should be possible. The only gotcha I can think of is the scm binary not being binary compatible, but if that's the case, simply grab the eclipse binary from a fresh AIX Eclipse 3.3.2 build (http://archive.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.3.2-200802211800/index.php) and rename to scm and run. This should work to get you unblocked until we have an official RTC download for AIX.
Cheers,
Jean-Michel

permanent link
stephen laws (9184) | answered Feb 05 '09, 7:33 p.m.
Ok, so simply grabbing the eclipse binary and renaming to scm resulted in the following error:
The Scm executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library.

I have the following script for the BuildEngine (jbe), is there something similar I can use for scm?

INSTALL=/home/RTC

BUILDSYSTEM=$INSTALL/TeamConcertBuild/buildsystem/buildengine
LAUNCHER=$BUILDSYSTEM/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.1.R33x_v2
0080118.jar
APPLICATION=com.ibm.team.build.engine.jazzBuildEngine
java -jar $LAUNCHER -application $APPLICATION $*

Any ideas?

permanent link
stephen laws (9184) | answered Feb 11 '09, 1:20 a.m.
Just for an update, after finally getting back to this tonight I found the only modification to the jbe script was to change the APPLICATION to com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.id1

So all that is required is to copy the scmtools directory to an AIX box and use the script below.

#!/bin/sh

INSTALL=/home/scmtools
SCMTOOLS=$INSTALL/scmtools
LAUNCHER=$SCMTOOLS/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.1.R33x_v2008
0118.jar
APPLICATION=com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.id1
java -jar $LAUNCHER -application $APPLICATION $*

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.