It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Review Saving error

Stephen Toop (10112223) | asked Aug 16 '13, 12:26 p.m.
retagged Aug 19 '13, 11:54 a.m. by Laura W. Hinson (16126)
RRC 4.0.1

A user has made a change to an artefact in a review but when they try to save they get this error:

The review voting results cannot be saved. hide details

ID CRRRW7302E  The review state has changed on the server; therefore, your changes could not be saved.

ParticipantResultSaver._saveParticipantResult was called to save your votes for review 'XXX' but received abnormal response code 409

We have tried closing the browser/logging in through another system but the error persists.

Has anyone seen/resolved this?

Thanks
Stephen Toop

Comments
Erica Tran commented Aug 16 '13, 2:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Stephen,
I've seen this in the past in my own environment and using RM refresh options the review saved successfully. 
I'm working with someone else in another environment where they consistently reproduce the problem.  Right now we're trying to get a FireBug trace to see what is captured with the 409 error code appears. I'm hoping the trace will tell us what is wrong with the review.  Maybe this can help you diagnose the problem as well.

Simon Eickel commented Aug 19 '13, 6:31 a.m.

if this error is reproducible you could get more information when using "?debug=true" option in the address bar of your browser.

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Aug 21 '13, 6:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

https://jazz.net/help-dev/CLMErrorMessages/topic/com.ibm.messages.rrc.server/CRRRW7302E.html suggests checking the server status.  You might want to check the server logs to see if there is anything helpful.

3 answers

permanent link
Stephen Toop (10112223) | answered Aug 22 '13, 3:10 a.m.
 It appears it was a licensing issue.

The user was allocated a RTC Developer license but no RRC license.
Once we gave the user a RRC license he was able to proceed.

Would be nice if the error message could reflect that instead of having us chase in other directions.

Comments
Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Aug 22 '13, 6:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Glad you got it working!  You can submit a defect in the My Stuff section to have the error message changed.

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Aug 22 '13, 9:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
A better error message is definitely needed. 
We should also be checking that when you add a user to the review.  There's an existing work item for that:
don't allow adding users to a review that don't have permission to open and comment on artifacts (68040)

Comments
Michelle De Armas commented Aug 22 '13, 9:37 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, I opened a defect to update this error message with additional information.
https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=78024

permanent link
Mallikarjuna Kandala (1061021) | answered May 12 '15, 12:25 p.m.
QUESTION :

I don't see a need to open a new question after reviewing the above information. In our case, we are facing exactly same issue in the DNG 5.0.1. Here is the message :

ID CRRRW7302E  Your changes were not saved because the review state changed on the server. Ensure that you have a valid RM license and the appropriate permissions for the RM project and the review. Then, refresh the browser and try to make and save your changes again. If the problem persists, ask an administrator to check the server status.
ParticipantResultSaver._saveParticipantResult was called to save your votes for review 'xxxxxxxxxxxx' but received abnormal response code 409

However, in our case the review is still "in progress" state and not "finalized" yet. When one of the user with the role "Author" & license : Rational DOORS Next Generation - Analyst-Floating  &  Rational Team Concert - Developer for IBM Enterprise Platforms-Floating. When user selects the check box of the review and click on "Reviewed" or "Reviewed with comments" , it just shows above error in all browsers. I dont see any significant messages in the logs..

Please help.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.