It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Assistance: Unable to query multiple categories terms and values for a Test Suite through the REST API

Thomas Styslinger (123) | asked Aug 13 '13, 11:41 a.m.
edited Aug 13 '13, 2:58 p.m.

I am trying to query terms and values within a test suite, for example I have a category named "02 Test Phase" with multiple values and another category named "18 Bundle Id" also with multiple values.    I'm trying to write a single query where "02 Test Phase" equals "SIT", and "18 Bundle Id" equals "0002".     There are 5 test suite records with the given combination.    When I use an "OR", I get all records with either category and value, when I use "AND" zero records are returned.     In the Test Suite View I can easily select filtering criteria across multiple categories.   I would greatly appreciate any help from the expertise in the community.

Returns hundreds of values ....  testsuite?fields=feed/entry/content/testsuite/(identifier|title|category[(@term="02 Test Phase" and @value="SIT") or (@term="18 Bundle Id" and @value="0002")])

Returns 0 Entries....    testsuite?fields=feed/entry/content/testsuite/(identifier|title|category[(@term="02 Test Phase" and @value="SIT") and (@term="18 Bundle Id" and @value="0002")])

2 answers

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Aug 13 '13, 12:44 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Thomas,

This is a defect.  Please open a RQM defect.

Note, both of your examples are the same.

Comments
Thomas Styslinger commented Aug 13 '13, 3:03 p.m.

I corrected the example: the first select should have contained an "or" and the second the "and".    Any thoughts on a possible workaround?

Paul Slauenwhite commented Aug 13 '13, 3:07 p.m.

Unfortunately, no.  I debugged the request and it appears to be related to the underlying database query.

Stephane Leroy commented Aug 13 '13, 4:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thomas/Paul: any detail on the underlying DB that could make this kind of requests to fail ?

Paul Slauenwhite commented Aug 13 '13, 7:41 p.m.

Stephane, it's not a failure but rather an invalid result set.  The query predicate appears correct but the expected test suite(s) are not returned in the result set.  I tested using Derby/Tomcat.

permanent link
Gerd Schiering (12211316) | answered Nov 12 '13, 8:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Paul has tracked this problem in 

Hope this info helps you out Thomas,

Gerd 
IBM Rational
TechSupport

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.